NERF Cass Dart Super

• Cass's super needs to he nerfed. It'll kill all who's in it. It doesn't even split the damage between multiple characters. Everyone who's caught in it take 100% of it. It WILL kill you despite having full health. And she gets it back too quickly considering how powerful it is.

• I think they should decrease the charge rate. Specially with the amount of damage she pumps out, she gets it really quickly. Just like how Rock-it and Minimech for Gizmo works. Sure, minimech is a lot better, but rock-it almost charges 3x faster which makes it viable in certain situations. For Cass, the only viable super is the blade dance.

• @xMontorix I think it’s strong but doesn’t warrant a nerf. The reason is because it can easily be canceled by any stun or freeze. And without the mod it doesn’t do that much damage only good for finishing people off

If they do take the mod well then it should do a lot of dmg because they have chosen to focus into that area and use one of their slots

I think cass is pretty balanced. Actually her other ult dive bomb needs a buff because it is clearly useless

• @ShadoWawker agreed. And it is almost impossible to catch more than one person in aoe. It is more of a zoning tool if you know how to react to it. Yet it becomes very dangerous (just like shadow strike) when combined with ride the lightning.
    Regards,
    RustyBlasty

• @xMontorix It dont kill full life 6bar heros without the 25% damage mod. The ult is only strong with the mod and combined with damage boost. Without its ok damage. Also you can stun her, freeze her, charge her, hook her and also you can just jump attack and knock her down. Its easy to counter most people just dont do it.

• Jump attack knockdown! Thanks for the tip. Didnt know that.

• @xMontorix said in NERF Cass Dart Super:

Cass's super needs to he nerfed. It'll kill all who's in it. It doesn't even split the damage between multiple characters. Everyone who's caught in it take 100% of it. It WILL kill you despite having full health. And she gets it back too quickly considering how powerful it is.

The HORROR! How dare she!?

No, it does not need to be nerfed.
    It very often doesn't "kill all who's in it".
    Metallic feathers to your face don't split damage evenly between your team. Eat a feather and take the D(amage).
    No. It can come close under some circumstances, but you have to invest. She is a damage dealer.
    If I'm not mistaken, ultimate charge rates are the same across the board (not counting mod effects). No reason to mess with her rate.

Instead of asking for a nerf, try actually using your character's ability to stop her ultimate? Work with your team? Is this asking too much?

• What everyone else said; Her damage for the ult is fine, and only becomes horrifyingly strong with the mod and power. The reason it deals much more than say Daemon's Shadow Strike is because she's totally vulnerable for the duration, while Daemon disappears into total invincibility.

The only thing I would suggest is to swap her ult charge rates. It's a very powerful dmg tool and displacer (cuz no one wants to stick around in that field of pain), like a mobile fire trap from an objective point. It has much more impact than her Dive Bomb, despite the stun from the latter.

Dive Bomb is more for utility, but it doesn't have much impact due to the low damage, short stun, and the fact that enemies can see where you're aiming it.

• shes easy to counter Maeve's cage maktus charge buttercups grapple just dont over react

• The only thing I would suggest is to swap her ult charge rates. It's a very powerful dmg tool and displacer (cuz no one wants to stick around in that field of pain), like a mobile fire trap from an objective point. It has much more impact than her Dive Bomb, despite the stun from the latter.

Dive Bomb is more for utility, but it doesn't have much impact due to the low damage, short stun, and the fact that enemies can see where you're aiming it.

This, I feel blade dance might be a little on the strong side damage wise, but if anything, swap the bloody charge times. BD is up near every fight, like a certain tank's burnout ult.... and divebomb not only has a realllllly long charge time, it's so lack luster in comparison. Swap the charge times so Divebomb could be used more often and offer more utility to Cass during a match, and Blade Dance isn't up so often and determining the match with a few presses of the button on cd, which actually happens very often, I've lost many a close game to Cass spinning on my team because they don't know how to react to it.

In fact I lost a winnable game where unfortunately one of the enemies left, I wanted to push cell collection phase to hand in but standard solo queue team mates were running around like headless chickens trying to get picks, enemy were at 49 btw. They get a 4th, it's a cass, hand in phase finally happens we go to the singular point and have a slightly drawn out fight, Cass presses ult button, game ends.

I did make some mistake that game but typical solo queue team made the match raher un fun, and then when we get a chance to just end the game and move on to the next they chase, and a Cass comes to punish them. On one hand it's bitter sweet, they got what they deserved, but on the other it was frustrating for me as I wanted out of that match from early on >.>' BUT, if she had divebomb or the ult charges were swapped, she wouldn't have ulted at that time, and we may have still won.

• I don't think Cass is soo over power like They say, I play as Miko and I kill much more Cass then I be killed for her.

• @RageKrom Yup. I've found that Cass has merely OK damage over all, because she NEEDS dmg mods and/or powerup to feel like she has impact. Daemon's full melee combo, while also really quick and hard to parry (due to the speed and awkward timing) deals far more than a burst from her basic attack and a full Rake combo (which is very slow and easy to parry after the first 2 hits). Apart from Dive Bomb, her kit has zero crowd control utility, and all she has above anyone else is mobility. The balance of health - dmg - utility for her is so poor that she can barely win any 1v1 match up. She either dies, or runs away without doing anything useful.

If you need someone for raw damage, just go Daemon or Nidhoggr since they offer more burst damage (Nid has the advantage of dealing percentage dmg too), and they both provide powerful crowd control utility without mods. Daemon has shuriken which deal dmg over time AND slow the target, and he has multiple charges. Nidhoggr's Boomitar is surprisingly easy to land and stuns for a good duration while dealing insane damage. The only CC that Cass brings to the table is a short stun from her Dive Bomb, and a mod for her Swoop. DB doesn't even deal much damage (About 100 in the center), so modding the damage for it is pretty much a wast of a mod slot given how little impact it has and how much wind up it has and how the enemy can see where you're aiming. Buttercup's Burnout has no wind up, and thus no warning, hits a MUCH larger area, and deals twice the damage.

So they really need to either swap the charge times (maybe even lower the shorter one a little in that case since DB is so low impact), or buff DB so it feels like it adds something to the fight beyond a slightly wider hitting Nidhoggr Boomitar throw. Compared to a similar ability in Overwatch, Doomfist's Meteor Strike, it has none of the threat potential. DF's ult doesn't show where he's landing until he picks the spot, and then there's a short delay before he hit the ground, and anyone in the center takes insane damage, trailing off towards the edge. Cass tells everyone where she is long before dropping, the center is pretty small, and the dmg is weak.

• @xMontorix

Cass is definitely a "Glass Cannon" in a lot of ways, high attack power but she can't take a lot of hits.

There's a lot of information in this thread for us to review, thanks for posting.

alt text