I'm sure this is already being talked about but.....BUTTERCUP??

• What is up with Buttercup? She seems to be one of the unbalanced characters. Her Burl is rediculously strong and can be used a little too often. So far I have not been able to successfully 1v1 her even with parties except with El Bastardo and even then some times I am having to bust out the super last second. Her super is kind of rediculous (turbo charged) paired with Burl it makes her way tankier than the 2 other tanks currently in the game. Am I just biased or is this a real issue?

• Nope, you are correct, she is insanely overloaded. I still can't fathom how she was allowed to go live in her current state, and still has yet to be nerfed almost a month after release.

• Too many tools and too much health. A one team wrecking ball.

• @Gus-Malliwinks @RageKrom @The-Kron

I'm starting to see this opinion of Buttercup more and more lately, definitely something for the team to talk about!

alt text

• @Gus-Malliwinks said in I'm sure this is already being talked about but.....BUTTERCUP??:

Her Burl is rediculously strong and can be used a little too often.

I suppose it has to be given it's not a practical dodge, but then I'd say it either has to be a self-heal where she stands still or it remains as is sans-healing. If it's to just be a self heal where she's sat there, she can't have any form of regenerating health out of combat (not that any of the characters really should anyway, that's what the powerups and Supports are for). But even then her held down (X) button attack allows her to build up a charge that can knockback foes, which makes me wonder if burl even needs to exist.

Buttercup reminds me of World of Warcraft's Monks and sometimes Guardian Druids, where they do little to mitigate the damage and just heal over it. Druid is definitely the better comparison as she's got more tools than any other character, and more than any should. She's multiple characters rolled into one, and needs to be split into about.... two, maybe three new ones.

So far I have not been able to successfully 1v1

This applies to all characters. If you want to 1v1, play Nidhoggr and Maeve - the former for the tank busting, the latter for the control.

even with parties except with El Bastardo and even then some times I am having to bust out the super last second.

That's fair enough, personally I find I die rather quickly as Buttercup if I'm buying my team time to escape. I mean, as quickly as a tank should die versus any other class, but still noticeably inescapable nonetheless. I do agree that Buttercup basically requires being surrounded at the cost of the team's survival. She definitely needs to be looked at, but I'm not sure what you can change barring a cheap and easy numbers fix, or removing her from the game and adding in her place two different characters.

Her super is kind of rediculous (turbo charged)

I have to agree, I always use this over the AoE stun especially if we've already got team members who can do that. It's not going to save her against a well coordinated team that focusses all its resources on her, and it's useless if her abilities are on cooldown, but I use it frequently enough to do serious damage even if I end up dying. This definitely needs a tweak, or maybe removal, it's just too many things in one ability.

paired with Burl it makes her way tankier than the 2 other tanks currently in the game.

I have to agree, but then I think that highlights the lack of mitigation and control the other tanks have. They have to compensate with attacks that need to be dodged and a high health pool. El Bastardo's really only a tank for the fact he does such high damage you want to keep away, and Makutu only has one ability I dread and that's his Barge ability. They both definitely need to tone down the damage, maybe the health, but definitely up the control to make them more desirable.

Am I just biased or is this a real issue?

You'll be biased no matter what. I'm bias toward Buttercup because I main her mostly out of necessity than choice, so I've had plenty of time to see where her strengths and weaknesses lie. Nobody ever calls for nerfs for a character they like, but when I'm saying there's something wrong that's saying a lot.

As others have already said she's too many characters rolled into one, and the answer is not necessarily to buff everyone else. There's clearly someone at Ninja Theory who likes her the most.