Add a 4th mod slot

• Right now I constantly have this feeling like damn if i just had one more mod for this character then my loadout would be so much better/complete for my playstyle.

I understand the idea is to force the player to make tough choices with a very limited number of mods. Adding one more would keep this aspect intact while also making it feel much better and increasing the skill gap. Because those who choose wisely and pick better mods will have an advantage over those who choose poorly

I think 4 is the sweet spot, 3 feels too low and 5 would be too many. Although 5 would still be better than 3, but 4 is obviously more realistic and less drastic of a change than going to 5. I think this change would make all of the heroes feel better and more satisfying to play which will improve the game a lot overall

• Was just thinking of this... though I think it should be something earned once you get a ridiculously high level for a character or some kind of difficult achievement. You should have to commit to a character to earn that 4th slot, then you can really make the character shine. But yeah... definitely times I wish I had the extra mod available.

While we're at it, allowing us to change loadouts during a match would be nice.

• @Sol-Aethiops I don't think so, having a 4th mod slot, would make some fighters op, mods complete one another, it's like in mobas with the items and abilities.

• You explained yourself why 3 is what's needed. 3 leaves you wanting just one more to be complete, 4 would easily allow players to create OP combos and would get exploited.
    If it were a single player game you could let people be as powerful as they like, not for multiplayer.

• Yes with a lot of mods for each character, a 4th slot will be really interesting. And yes, that would make opportunity for crazy loadout, but if all of them are op, then none of them are op.

• I support having more mod slots because it'd create more builds and playstyles. Engagements with any particular Fighter would become less predictable and that is an area I'm starting to believe the game will need to improve.

• @Sol-Aethiops said in Add a 4th mod slot:

Was just thinking of this... though I think it should be something earned once you get a ridiculously high level for a character or some kind of difficult achievement. You should have to commit to a character to earn that 4th slot, then you can really make the character shine. But yeah... definitely times I wish I had the extra mod available.

While we're at it, allowing us to change loadouts during a match would be nice.

While that idea sounds cool in theory, it would be extremely unbalanced and unfair because some would be running around with 4 slots while everyone else has 3 which would immediately make people mad including myself

It has to be all or nothing with this in order to maintain parity. I strongly feel everyone should get 4 slots because it would make the game more fun and the loadouts feel complete. But if they don’t go up to 4 then everyone should remain at 3

I’m not sure whether changing loadouts during a game Is possible as i’ve never tried. I know you can do it before the match begins but if you can’t after that then yeah i agree it would be a good feature to add. Increases counterplay and adaptability based on the situation and how that match is playing out