Unfair matchmaking.

• So i just started playing, and I've already been pushed into games where my team loses within 30 seconds. Not as in a close game, as in my team has 40-50 points, while the other team is at 550. There has got to be some way to make it so that doesn't happen. It ruins the gameplay, and does not set a good tone if someone is wanting to play. If there's a good chance, im just going to jump into a game that will be lost in seconds, i have no incentive to even play the game anymore. I can't say if that means there needs to be a way for either the games to not count towards a players score, or if, when someone DCs, the game no longer counts towards everyone's score, due to the unfair advantage, but something needs to be addressed here.

• @Notaleksnave Literally just came on here to see if anyone was having this issue. Just had 4 games in a row where I get in to a match and before I can even pick a character the game ends. This should be happening to rage quitters not to others. Needs to be fixed. EDIT: Make that 6 games in a row this is absolutely BS

• @Notaleksnave
    @Lrks

first of all if you guys have been leaving games early. this game punishes you by putting you in games like that. could explain why you are getting them soo often, cause i definately dont get them that often. maybe every 15th game for me.

also they cant stop it from putting people in games that are close to ending. because then it completely screws that team. plus if you guys have been leaving your games early, then it has been doing a good job punishing you. but if not. if it doesnt fill these games yea. matches would be even more fucked and people would just leave before a game is close to over because they believe they will lose.

a suggestion to make this not so bad though, has been to make it so it doesnt count as a loss if you join late. that way it wont effect stats.

• @D4m0R3d never quit a game before. Been here since 1st beta I know how this works.

• @D4m0R3d

There's no need to defend the game, especially on the topic of important issues and especially on forums where devs can track problems that people are experiencing.
    Like, we talking about Ninja Theory here - they are incredible at single-player games but definitely have a lot of troubles in their first step into multiplayer-based experience.
    Not only there's huge connectivity issues and some optimization problems but also there's clear lack of content and in many ways questionable balancing.

So, any discussions help.

•••

Look at the topic above.

Unfair matchmaking. Bad matchmaker overall.

The guy's talking about that he's getting thrown into games 5sec before a "Defeat"-screen and if it didn't happen to you, it doesn't mean there's no such issue.
    Just today I got thrown 5 times in a row into games where score was like 100:595.
    And I never ever quited in a middle of a match.
    Like, matchmaker is clearly much worse than in the other games.
    For example, in Overwatch after you backfilled a match - game gives you a priority on your next one, so there's never gonna be multiple back-fillings in a row.

Besides that, it feels like game prioritizes time of finding a game over connection quality and fairness aka. skill gap between players.
    I think it's called "triangle of matchmaker" or something like that.
    Like, it's cool that I'm finding matches in 5sec but I also getting thrown into US servers instead of EU and half of the games are just incredibly one-sided, like there's no hidden MMR at all.

•••

Overall, stop shutting off players that are coming here to share their problems with developers.

• So wait, you've been placed as a last second backfill 6 times in a row? And you have no leaver penalty? Kappa

Stomps can happen, but I see them happening a LOT less since leaver penalties were applied. My games (I solo) have been fairly evenly matched since launch and I've seen maybe 1 or 2 leavers.

I'm not even trying to hate, but I think you guys complaining are in a rough place with matchmaking. I suspect there is hidden MMR, or at least some kind of metric for what kind of player you are... and it's matching you accordingly.

• @Sol-Aethiops 65% win rate almost a 7kd 1.30 kills per min .18 deaths per minute definetly not my lack of skill this games matchmaking is juzt pathetic and needs to be adjusted.

• @Sol-Aethiops "matching accordingly" to what?
    Like, after ~15h I'm still getting into games where people, seems like, are still learning how to hold gamepad or learning how to use keyboard overall.
    And, as a person above, I have a pretty high win rate (70%+), so I actually talking about one-sideddness towards enemies.

For example, an hour ago I had a game of Power Collection, where my teammates were talking about 6 games win streak and that matches are too easy... And against us we got 3 players that just actually got into their first match.
    In the end - 50:0 😐

•••

Though, to be fair, I don't think it's that big of an issue just a few days after release.
    Let's wait for a simple ranked mode or at least extra few weeks for people to spread between "hidden ranks" and see if that issue is consistent.

Problems with back-filling and connectivity (or even lack of region-lock as some people thinking) - now those are actual matchmaking issues that needs to be fixed ASAP.

• @Notaleksnave said in Unfair matchmaking.:

So i just started playing, and I've already been pushed into games where my team loses within 30 seconds. Not as in a close game, as in my team has 40-50 points, while the other team is at 550. There has got to be some way to make it so that doesn't happen. It ruins the gameplay, and does not set a good tone if someone is wanting to play. If there's a good chance, im just going to jump into a game that will be lost in seconds, i have no incentive to even play the game anymore. I can't say if that means there needs to be a way for either the games to not count towards a players score, or if, when someone DCs, the game no longer counts towards everyone's score, due to the unfair advantage, but something needs to be addressed here.

Yeah that is unfair and happens even if you don't leave games. It is truly anoying and when it happens I just wait in the base until the match ends. There is no point to even try