So afraid for this game...

• I know this game isn't trying to go mainstream, but I'm sooooo afraid it gets lawbreakered or the gigantic hammer. It still is seen as an overwatch clown, despite having nothing to do with it except the fact that there's characters.

The fact that it didn't receive any publicity/advertisement, isn't really helping its case. I really hope it'll succeed cause this game is brilliant.

• @Votre-Daron The biggest reason i can see for this game to fail is the lag and framerate issues. If these are not improved significantly then many people including myself will get fed up and stop playing very quickly

If they fix those then it will do just fine because the gameplay is fun. Due to games pass, bleeding edge has access to a playerbase that does not require any advertising. Pretty much every who owns GP will know that they can play this game with their subscription and a lot of them will at least try it

• If it's any consolation, Apex Legends got popular relatively without advertisement or push from EA. So there is ''hope'' for Bleeding Edge to become a big deal, if the skill cap isn't too small and it doesn't deteriorate into just a button masher (which is why some level of mechanics should be cherished). As this is a team based brawler there aren't many out there, and Ninja Theory doesn't seem to be having financial trouble (which Gigantic actually did). Nor are they marketing it as a super elite get good or go home game like Lawbreakers did (the history of that game was actually a circus).

I think the game will be alright. Long as the devs do what they can, and do it well, word will spread.

• @TreasuredGems said in So afraid for this game...:

If it's any consolation, Apex Legends got popular relatively without advertisement or push from EA. So there is ''hope'' for Bleeding Edge to become a big deal, if the skill cap isn't too small and it doesn't deteriorate into just a button masher (which is why some level of mechanics should be cherished). As this is a team based brawler there aren't many out there, and Ninja Theory doesn't seem to be having financial trouble (which Gigantic actually did). Nor are they marketing it as a super elite get good or go home game like Lawbreakers did (the history of that game was actually a circus).

I think the game will be alright. Long as the devs do what they can, and do it well, word will spread.

While I really enjoy Bleeding Edge, it is not even close to apex legends. This is not a big f2p battle royale. This is a little game developed by 15 devs and is just for Xbox and pc.
    Yes, the game needs a lot of work and marketing but I think that is just a little try to make a multiplayer game and it will be like sea of thieves or splatoon 1. I mean, some updates but never so much regular players. The market is full of hero shoters, f2p BR with regular battle pases and regular updates, games like gears 5 with a huge multiplayer content...
    Bleeding Edge will have a hard future and I think it won't be bad but I am afraid too, of how many people will play and stay playing over time

• @IxIThe-Robin I'm not trying to say it's like or close to Apex Legends. I'm saying Apex Legends got popular without advertisement from EA and barely any in general (while the battle royal scene was already over-flooded). It's only after it took off it started gaining heavy levels of support because it was a great game. Remember, the game literally came out of nowhere. They literally just tossed it into the public without any fanfare.

In short I'm saying there's a chance this game can take off on its own. Free, paid, or otherwise. Extreme levels of success isn't guaranteed, nor is it impossible. Basically, I'm willing to see what happens.

• @TreasuredGems yeah, I hope that people like the game and the devs keep supporting it. I really like Bleeding Edge so, we will see what happens

• @TreasuredGems I really hope it succeeds.

• @ShadoWawker I think that they'll fix that easily (talking about the lag). But I really hope people will enjoy it on the GP.

• Unfortunately, the gaming community is filled with morons who do not think before they say anything. Overwatch itself is not an original game in the slightest, a solid 90 percent of its mechanics are from other games (TF2) and every time those "morons" see any game with characters in it, they say "overwatch clone". Some day, they will even claim that life is an overwatch clone because there are guns and gorillas and robots. The least we can do, is telling our friends about this game, sharing pictures and gameplays, etc.

• @TreasuredGems

i believe apex legends sponsored shit tons of streamers/ content creators to play the game. i remember hearing streamers talk about how they revealed it to them a few days early and it blew there minds or some shit cause yea it didnt get any advertisement, other than when it came out, when they sponsored the fuck out of streamers. so i believe anyways, i may be wrong.

and yea like @IxIThe-Robin said

it is not even close to apex legends. This is not a big f2p battle royale.

although i dont think this will be like sea of thieves or splatoon 1. sea of thieves lacked lots of content, all you could do in sea of thieves was sale and do the exact same missions over and over for no reason, sea of thieves was like a day z with less risk, wich just made it boring. completely different games. splatoon 1 i played but cant remember what happened to it, but id say its biggest problem was being a wii u exclusive.

there are shit tons of shooter games and BRs but there arent many games like bleeding edge. only ones i can think of are overwatch, tf2 and battleborn. but battleborn is dead, and tf2 is probs also dead. overwatch is also becoming stale and is losing pop. this might be a great time for a game like bleeding edge to be coming out.

• @Omid-RG

i would never call bleeding edge a clone of overwatch but something about your statement annoyed me. the way i see it. it doesnt matter that something came from something.

"Overwatch itself is not an original game in the slightest"

i think this is what annoyed me, yea it may not be an 'original game' in your eyes, but why does this matter. your mummy and daddy loved eachother very much, and now you are here. if you were cloned the clone is not a clone of your dad. ya get me?

this just struck my OCD.

otherwise i agree with you, even though you kinda imply that overwatch is a tf2 clone when complaining that people call games clones of eachother. (a solid 90 percent of its mechanics are from other games (TF2) (Overwatch itself is not an original game) its as though you are saying this game cant be a clone of this(OW), as this(OW) is already a clone of this(Tf2). is this irony

anyways the gaming community does claim clone too often, happened with pubg on h1, then happened on fortnite with pubg. who fukin cares if we keep getting cool games. there are movies within genres yea. i dont see every action movie and believe it is not original because it has action. overwatch is vastly different from tf2, sure you push a payload and defend it or watever, but they all have dif characters, and dif stories. just 2 games in the same genre.

• @D4m0R3d

Honestly I myself don't have any problem with clones either. Overwatch may not have original mechanics, but the way it combines the mechanics is unique, and that's enough. I'm just angry at those gamers who act like overwatch is the only game that's allowed to exist and any other game with 1% similarity to it, needs to burn ! We all have been there. Imagine someone asked his friend:" I heard about this new game called bleeding edge, is it any good?" And his friend says :"Lol it's just an overwatch clone" And the first one says:" Oh , so why should I buy that when I have overwatch? Nevermind..." That's when it's damaging the industry.

• @Omid-RG

i agree. its like milk, just because i may have milk, dont mean i wont want a chocky milk. chocky milk is still good, even though its still milk. same as strawberry milk. and then we can go deep enough to when it becomes cake.

people should stop calling things clones as if thats a negative thing, cause although it may share some things, it can still be different, and can still be great on its own or even better.

• The OP has taken more or less word for word from a Youtuber ( Skill Up )about it going like Lawbreakers. If anyone pays any attention to those type of reviews then how will a game be given a chance. Myself, I missed out on the Alpha and Beta due to work, but I am still getting it, seen lots of videos about the good and the bad, but until you actually play it how are you going to tell if it is good or not?

Yes it looks a little like Overwatch, as in some of the chars could be like a few from Overwatch, but it plays differently, this is Melee focused and only 4 v 4.

Roll on midnight ( I hope it is released then in the UK ) because my Son and me are ready to roll out.
    See you out there.

• @D4m0R3d said in So afraid for this game...:

although i dont think this will be like sea of thieves or splatoon 1. sea of thieves lacked lots of content, all you could do in sea of thieves was sale and do the exact same missions over and over for no reason, sea of thieves was like a day z with less risk, wich just made it boring. completely different games. splatoon 1 i played but cant remember what happened to it, but id say its biggest problem was being a wii u exclusive

The problem for spat1 an SoT was lack of content. And I am pretty sure that Bleeding Edge will be the same.
    Yeah the game is "little" and just starting but when people (reviewers, players) compare it with the content in Overwatch or Paladins, BE will be punished. Maybe is not fair the comparison but trust me it will happen.
    I don't really know for sure but 5 maps, 2 modes and 12 characters? I hope Ninja Theory have more and update the game with more content like SoT or splat.

Maybe Xbox Game Pass is the best for Bleeding Edge

• @IxIThe-Robin

The quote on quote "BETA" of this game has more content than SoT throughout its existance. And besides that, it's really fun and satisfying ! People will compare BE with Paladins and Overwatch, but as I have experienced both of them , Overwatch lacks the ability of customizing the characters, and Blizzard is really hard on trying to dictate a "correct" way to play the game, which leads to super toxic community. As for Paladins, I've played it over 1k hours and despite having great mechanics and gameplay, it's freaking broken ! You can't spend 5 minutes without encountering at least one gamebreaking bulls**t bug.
    I have high hopes for this game. The formula works. They just need more support to add more content. And that would never happen if we just sit and play for ourselves ! We gotta tell our homies about this game, and they just need to take a look at the character designs to get hooked (As I did! )

• @SilentParasite I enjoyed it a lot on both betas, but I just hope people will give it a chance. See you outhere, and cause chaos.

• @Omid-RG I was pretty much sold when I saw the designs and saw the fighters, I knew I was going to main miko and cass immediately when I saw them.

• @Omid-RG said in So afraid for this game...:

@IxIThe-Robin

The quote on quote "BETA" of this game has more content than SoT throughout its existance. And besides that, it's really fun and satisfying ! People will compare BE with Paladins and Overwatch, but as I have experienced both of them , Overwatch lacks the ability of customizing the characters, and Blizzard is really hard on trying to dictate a "correct" way to play the game, which leads to super toxic community. As for Paladins, I've played it over 1k hours and despite having great mechanics and gameplay, it's freaking broken ! You can't spend 5 minutes without encountering at least one gamebreaking bulls**t bug.
    I have high hopes for this game. The formula works. They just need more support to add more content. And that would never happen if we just sit and play for ourselves ! We gotta tell our homies about this game, and they just need to take a look at the character designs to get hooked (As I did! )

Really? The beta with 2 maps, 2 game modes and no skins has more than SoT? That is just sad.
    About OW. It does not have hero customization on gameplay, but it has a lot of characters, all of them feels unique and it has a lot of maps, modes, skins, etc. And it is really pretty.
    Paladins, is truly fun and it has +40 champions (not everyone of them are fun but 40 is a lot). Yeah it is so broken but it is f2p so at least you don't waste money if you don't want to. Its graphics are a little bad

Then Bleeding Edge. I tried playing with 3 friends. One of them likes OW and he said that BE is slow and he got bored. The other two liked it but they play fortnite, cod mw, apex, etc. Those games gets an update almost every 2 weeks so I am not sure if my friends will leave them for BE.
    But the big day is tomorrow, let's see how it goes. I will invite my friends again, but I really think that a battle pass would be perfect to keep players coming

• @IxIThe-Robin

You reminded me something when you said about your friend complaining that the game is "Slow". I absolutely adore the pacing of this game. Maybe it's kinda subjective, but I hate it when every character in overwatch can burst you down in a second, and you can also die to random shots and grenades that came from nowhere. In bleeding edge however, the time-to-kill is really high in 1v1, which rewards player for playing as a team. Because if the whole team is focusing on one enemy, that will lead to bursting them down in a few seconds. AND, this kind of pacing means you are not doomed as soon as you lost some of the objectives. Making a comeback is totally possible, and really satisfying.