Haritso New character

• GENERAL
      I have Haritso in mind to look like a wizard played in cyber-punk, with various gadgets in his equipment that help him in battle as if it were magic (which would actually be technology created by him). My idea is to create an assassin who is a monster of crowd control, although his abilities seem situational that they are still powerful, but above all tactics. This character should be designed for those who are looking for a challenge and enjoy what a good position means in battle and make plays rather than take all the kills for themselves. Haritso must be intense to play but not too complicated, it could also be very elusive but it should not be too difficult or almost impossible to finish with one, it would be a matter of balances and cooldown. His expression during the game should be neutral and change to a wicked smile every time he casts some of his abilities (but not with basic attacks), later I will attach a quick sketch, rather a concept art of how I imagine he looks. I really wouldn't want that to be his final look as I don't think I made him that creative and I know he can be exploited further to be more visually appealing. I have not thought of his weapon although he imagined a kukri-style knife (for the military), in addition to carrying his inventions (the ones he will use for his habilities).
      He has a morbid personality and curiosity about everything apart from the bad habit of smiling when he is going to attack. When he registered he wanted to write Haristo, but with his dyslexia he wrote Haritso.

![0_1584679747712_Haritso-character.png](Uploading 100%)
    alt text

• SPECIAL

• Leash.- You connect your enemy with a compressed magnetic beam that slows them down and leaves a stake on the ground.
      (Basically it is pressing the button, a link is created that slows down for a short time but if the same button is pressed again a pivot point is created that allows you to leave and leave the enemy attached to the stake or pivot, where the enemy can only walk on a circumference of the diameter of the link, if the link is very long the area that the enemy is free to walk is greater)

• Deja Vu.- You return someone from between space and time.
      (Select a selectable enemy player, load a few seconds and then he will return to the last point where he was)

• Switch.- Change position with any object.
      (You can select any object, character, ally or enemy and take his position while he takes yours)

• SUPERIOR

• Polymerization.- You take the life of an enemy and give it to an ally.
      (First an enemy is selected and it begins to steal life, if later an ally is selected the ally takes this life in percentage and gradually. If an enemy is not selected and you select an ally Haritso begins to drain his own life while healing an ally, Haritso cannot heal himself by damaging enemies with this ability.

• Hide & Seek & Destroy.- You become invisible to yourself and any ally.
      (Haritso charges one of his gadgets and after a few seconds he becomes invisible to himself and to any of his team that is close to him and grants movement speed during invisibility)

Fighter abstract

• Tactical assassin
      Information
    • Place of birth: Wales, United Kingdom
    • Date of birth: January 29, 2020
      Biography
    • Haris Smith is a special case. He never fit in at school or in his family, from an early age he was detected with hyperactivity, dyslexia, dyscalculia and problems with authority. Despite his difficulties, he managed to understand and trace his own learning processes, later being recognized as a prodigy and a genius.
      Many times they wanted to take advantage of his deep intellect since the passion that Haris possesses along with his enormous curiosity have made him the author of powerful inventions, however he was not only intelligent but also astute and knew how to detect people's intentions.
      When it was his turn to serve his nation at 18, he asked to participate in any military confrontation mission to experiment with his inventions, which after being very discussed, he was granted such permission, this being the only way to condition him to share their knowledge.
      The surprise was that the mission ended up being more dangerous than expected, they say that they thought that everyone would die that day, so they saw a creepy smile on Haris. He deployed machines and gadgets that allowed them to neutralize their enemies one by one, quickly decimating a force that outnumbered them. When the battle ended he decided that his power would not belong to anyone else and he wanted to escape, being persecuted he used one more experiment which guaranteed his escape but at the cost of his right arm.
      He is now being hunted by special forces as he breathes new life into Bleeding Edge, what he calls "the best testing ground of all" where he can exploit his potential and his abilities fit better.

If you like the fighter and would like to see him in the game, please make some noise so that someone who can put it in development can see it.

• So first of all, love the picture and concept. Second of all, I've noticed that when people put up fighter concepts they neglect to mention whether they're melee, ranged, or hybrid fighters as well as what class they fill (I'm assuming Damage since you said Assassin, which is what the class was called during alpha). They also don't talk about basic abilities and passives at all, which are super vital to the design of the character.

But as for the specials and supers... I like them, I just don't like them together. Tweaking how Leash works would make it a super fun ability to have. Ideally, I think you would throw a stake projectile that can be dodged, and if they get hit they're tethered to the spot they're currently at with a certain radius around it. Deja Vu is delayed but pretty powerful in turn. I was also thinking about a switch mechanic as an ability in one of my ideas, though I think being able to switch with anything in range might make it too hard to use - I'd actually rather it be limited to allies or enemies, or perhaps a clone you create yourself (perhaps with a basic ability?) so you can place it strategically and switch instantly without worrying about targeting something.

All of these specials are great by themselves, but they have no synergy. There's no damage here, and they basically all do the same job in different ways. Leash and Deja Vu are practically the same thing with minor differences, so one of those should be swapped out with something that hurts. Damage doesn't have to be the primary goal, and I know each of them individually may do at least a little single-target damage, but its going to be pretty awful if you have nothing offense focused to work with. If he's a melee, I'd want a special that leads me directly into a combo like Daemon's Shift. If they're ranged, I want switch to do some kind of AOE damage after the swap. Those sort of things.

Hide & Seek & Destroy sounds too much like Stalker - actually it sounds much weaker than Miko's Stalker. I'm also pretty sure there's always a speed boost when stealthed. Polymerization is pretty cool, letting you target an enemy and an ally to drain life to them, but if a super has the ability to heal others that pretty strongly puts him in the Support category and would break the class system a little. In particular, I would expect one of the supers to be an AOE, as all of his powers can control the position of enemies, so I'd want to see that synergy pay off by forcing them all in one spot to really screw them over. All of the abilities are good individually, but since they lack synergy the character feels lackluster.

Hopefully that helps? You've got me thinking about tactical/positioning focused fighters now and I love the idea, I just think it could use some work. This is all just my opinion anyway - maybe I'll change my mind if you could clarify on their basics/passives and how certain abilities work?

EDIT: I do see you mentioned his weapon being a knife, so melee probably right? But hey he could be a ranged knife thrower too I dunno lol.

• @Evade-This5965 Thank you very much for your reply. You're right I didn't mention how his passive or basic attacks are described. In fact it was not accidental that I omitted it so I decided because I really do not know how the meta of the game works on that scale, my perspective when creating the character is that it focuses on positioning and re-positioning and passing matter from one side to another but I understand you, they are very similar skills to each other that becomes a bit redundant. I think what you say makes a lot of sense and my main objective is that the character can be operated on for strategic roles, but of course it also needs to be fun to play, that's why I think it's correct that his abilities are better balanced between tactical and damage, I think is a good idea that they can be perfected to a better version of what I explain them for the enjoyment of the game of the character, I just try to give a seed of what would be the essence of Haritso game mode. It is also true that I completely ignored Miko's Stalker and revealing enemies is also very powerful, I think it could have another super completely different from the one described in Hide & Seek & Destroy. Perhaps select one of the four enemies that were marked on the map, who takes extra damage by all and if he dies during the ability that repairs a shield to those nearby, or he can release a kind of mini-compressed black hole power that pulls every enemy near the zone to one spot, and give it a name like Vortex instead of H&S&D. Maybe, are options.
    The idea of ​​the knife thrower is really cool, since the kukri is somewhat curved it could be a boomerang-style modification, or maybe some semi-automatic plasma shoots from his hands idk. I think it could have some distance in his basic attacks (not much) and also be able to hit melee.

I'm glad you like the concept of the character's appearance, although I faithfully believe that team Ninja Theory could make it look a lot more badass.

• @OzoneKC

if hes 19 years old he cant have been born in the year 2020. the year is like 2055 or 2056 or something. so he would have to be born in 2037.

"Deja Vu.- You return someone from between space and time"

sounds like maeves peakabo ult.

"Switch.- Change position with any object.
    (You can select any object, character, ally or enemy and take his position while he takes yours)"

sounds op and if it were to exist would have to be an ult.

"Polymerization.- You take the life of an enemy and give it to an ally.
    (First an enemy is selected and it begins to steal life, if later an ally is selected the ally takes this life in percentage and gradually. If an enemy is not selected and you select an ally Haritso begins to drain his own life while healing an ally, Haritso cannot heal himself by damaging enemies with this ability."

hmm sounds interesting, but kinda sounds like something that should be a default ability, although i guess if its an ult it can be more powerfull.

"Hide & Seek & Destroy.- You become invisible to yourself and any ally.
    (Haritso charges one of his gadgets and after a few seconds he becomes invisible to himself and to any of his team that is close to him and grants movement speed during invisibility)"

this sounds like a default ability. just like maeves invis/ daemons invis.

and yea switch/ deja vu sound very similar.

maybe deja vu could be a tracer like ability that rewinds time and places you back where you were 10 seconds ago?

but then maybe he shouldnt be a magician but a time traveler or something, because all his other abilities fit under time travel exept polymerization. but i guess that you could change it so he rewinds the person in order to heal them/ fast forwards the person to kill them. what do you think? sorry to completely change the genre of your character. (OH SHIT AND if hes a time traveler it explains why he is 19 but was born in 2020 even though the year is 2056) (perhaps he was a time traveler all along and he merely posed as a magician to protect his time travel invention and his identity. and maybe you didnt want to reveal this to keep the mystery but i just cracked the code)

• @D4m0R3d That time travel stuff sounds really crazy but i love it so bad. I'm so hyped that you take part of Haritso lore with your ideas and I think it's really awesome. When I made his biography and info I based the numbers on CASS bio from this page, but the time traveler thing sounds cooler for me and hiding his identity with all the magician fallacy and his inventions fit all into his story.

Yup, I know his abilities need more sense and a lot of changes. But tanks to @Evade-This5965 and you with your experience and ideas now I think Haritso is more like a Tactical-positioning support. But I also think is important he keeps that wizard look, like a young cyber punk Merlin.

• @OzoneKC

lol im glad you like the time travel shit. lol funny that this partly came from a mistaken date of birth. but it kinda makes sense sorta that the teleportation shit would be time travel. i wonder if the devs would be willing to do time travel kinda shit though. maybe he travelled to the future but his time machine broke. idk gotta think of some way that time travel was broken forever. otherwise he could kinda be op. gotta find a way to explain why he can only do so much. like cause if he had proper time travel he could just go and erase their past or some shit. so we gotta figure out a way to explain why it only works so limmited, as in he can only use it to teleport accross the map cause the time travel effect only has a limmited effect now, say maybe 1 min time travel. or we could just throw out the whole idea that he came from the past. and just say he has time effecting abilities that he hides through the facade of being a magician.

so he still has a time machine thing that lets him teleport but it basically only lets him time travel 1 min to the future or back, and thats why he can only teleport so far. and he has a device that can rewind/ fast forward peoples lives in order to heal/damage them. that one still makes sense cause we could say that it rewinds there health from within a minute/ deals the damage they would have gained from within that minute.

so everything still kinda checks out if we go with him being born in 2037 and never having traveled to the future, but still having invented these time devices that he hides with the magicians facade.

• @D4m0R3d It definitely fits in with the concept of a time traveler lol, which would be pretty darn cool... NT will need to do something like that at some point.

@OzoneKC Well there's no reason we can't give a melee some ranged abilities right? In fact it'd be kind of cool to base them all off of the knife, to allow for some logical synergy as well as mechanical. Here's an example concept based on the knife to kind of show what I mean, including how you could setup an interesting passive. You definitely understood my suggestions so I tried to build it off what you said.

Kukri: Some kind of special kukri with time/space augments that you use to melee attack. Could call it Void Kukri or something less edgy lol. Has a "spectral" version that appears for some abilities, just so that the differences are clear.

Deflect (Passive): Every time you pick up a spectral knife, by touch or ability, you gain a temporary shield and do a flat bonus to damage while the shield is up. Basically you're holding a second knife until the shield pops. You mentioned he lost an arm though he has both in the picture so I'm assuming its prosthetic, but I'd think for this idea it'd be cool if he's usually one-armed but a spectral arm holding the other knife appears for the passive.

Leash: Throws out a spectral knife, first enemy hit is damaged and tethered to the spot they're at (basically immobilized). Still leaves behind the knife even if no one is hit. This would allow you to combo Leash and Switch to jump and move to high ground if you needed to.

Deja Vu: You move back in time ~3-5s to where you were previously (half a second of invulnerability while rewinding), and leave a spectral knife behind. You regain stamina you spent during that period but not health. (Much like Tracer, I'd rather be able to use it on myself).

Switch: Teleport to a spectral knife, pick it up, then do a melee AOE spin on arrival.

Vortex: Continuous AOE damage and pull, lasts 5-6s? Would pulse pull short distances towards the center, so it's not like this soft gradual push but an intermittent CC every second or something. Having it target one of your knifes would be cool, but I think it'd be pretty great to just have it center around you. The damage could be minimal but with an AOE CC like that you could do some serious melee damage.

H&S&D: Okay I like the assassin concept so what if we did a stealth + self-buff for the super. You enter stealth and much like stalker you re-enter stealth anytime you stop attacking for 1s. You gain some lifesteal as well. Everytime your stealth breaks, you gain a spectral knight and proc the passive.

Hmm... I kind of wanted to do something more with it, like one of the supers makes his attacks leave knives everywhere but I don't want to overdo it and make the concept messy. I rather like the passive I came up with.

Anyway, that's just a spinoff idea I had based on all of your ideas. I'm itching to make a new character concept now so I'ma go work on a support or something now lol.

• @Evade-This5965 Ok, this space-time issue is getting serious and I love it. I can imagine instead of the kukri coming back which boomerang, would be "called" between space-time to be thrown again, it must do good damage but it would be the slowest basic of all so that it is not something very op. Yes I thought him had a prosthetic arm but the idea that he is one-armed... I like it much much more. Maybe the spectral arm come only for his super abilities, here is a very elaborate and crazy idea.

What if instead of spectral knives, it is some kind of concentration of quantum energy that only he can see thanks to his glasses (which he also invented) and this energy is what his gadgets use as fuel for his abilities and here comes the best part , that during the Vortex or H & S & D animation this excess energy brings his arm back through space-time. As he does with his kukri in his basic attacks. And at the end of the duration of these super abilities, his arm disappears again. What do you think?

It sounds like something that hides great power and something worthy that big organizations are hunting him for.

I absolutely love the mechanics that @Evade-This5965 describes and also the lore of the wizard façade to hide his identity and the limitations @D4m0R3d describes.

Every reply sounds more and more like a real character with a whole interesting background.

• @Evade-This5965

"Switch: Teleport to a spectral knife, pick it up, then do a melee AOE spin on arrival."

sounds like minato.

" I can imagine instead of the kukri coming back which boomerang, would be "called" between space-time to be thrown again, it must do good damage but it would be the slowest basic of all so that it is not something very op. "

yo what if he traveled to the future and grabbed his weapons and brought them back. its a bit of a paradox but he could go to the future grab one kife, then go back again and he should already have 2 so then he would double his amount of weapons each time. could be an ult where he basically just makes shit tons of weapons appear in the sky to fall on peeps.