Suggestions Pulled from Reddit

• Hello all, just wanted to make a post here since there's no Community Manager on the subreddit to gather feedback. Some of these suggestions are mine while others are just things I've seen requested over there. I'm an Alpha and Beta player, that being said I know this game is a work in progress.

• Role Lock should be added to ensure proper team comp and help potentially keep teams together. This is the big one I've seen even on here and should be added sooner rather than later. Nothing's more frustrating than not having that essential role. And not to mention some people excel at different roles compared to others.

• Penalties for leaving a match early should be implemented and if chosen to implement it needs to be done now rather than later to prevent backlash. The second most frustrating thing behind having a bad comp is when you have someone leave. This could be caused by several things but there needs to be a system in place to help keep it in check. No one likes being the only person versus four people because a domino effect happened after Johnny left. Also, no one likes being the filler to those games when it becomes one-sided pretty quickly.

• Add a LFG in-game versus on external sites to help encourage communication. This is more of a personal request that I believe could better the game overall. It's so much easier to find teams when you have a LFG in-game versus using the website or 3rd party ones. This should increase the amount of premade teams going into matches which would be a huge QoL change.

• Make the Call Out wheel bigger with more options on it, including having separate pings for objectives and who to focus. Nothing's more frustrating than trying to ping certain people or items than the chat wheel we have right now. You can go from suggesting who to focus to your character calling out "Collect Power Ups" in the split second you click it.

• Downsize maps a little bit or increase team size by one to make the battles more fluent and decreases chasing someone all the way to the Pluto. Currently the maps feel just a tad too big for a 4 person team. And considering the original idea for Bleeding Edge was for it to be a MOBA like League of Legends but third-person makes me wonder why it isn't already a 5v5.

• Increase points received for objectives by 3 to give the edge to teams working with it rather than teams who avoid it. Though this is Beta and people are still adjusting to the game style it's not the first game with objectives. Currently the only mode that works best is Collection. Capture the point, while a simple mode, ends up being more of a Team Deathmatch than anything with people ignoring the objective. Or that one person on your team captures objectives while the other 3 fight it out on the other side of map. This could work itself out over time though.

• Fix Lag. That's just a given. This effects multiple aspects of the game but the biggest one is not seeing a character dodge they just seem to teleport. This prevents fluent team fights since you can't follow where the enemy dodge. Instead you're searching around yourself to see where they ended up. This doesn't happen all the time but enough to where it's noticeable.

• Need a better explanation of mods in-game, like what happens if you get a duplicate. I personally have received duplicate mods but it doesn't show up while also doesn't seem to upgrade mods you get duplicates for.

These are just some of things I've collected from the subreddit and I will continue to collect more. While I will post more as needed we are in a limited time Beta. Hope everyone has a fantastic week ahead and look forward to the changes to come.

• i agree with everything except for chasing down people. it's not hard to recover and use your hover board to chase them and if they happen to group up with their team don't be a potato player trying to kill them with the whole team there, just fall back and re think strategy. you don't always have to get the first kill or kill everyone you see

• A few I've come up with during my games:

• Allow me to swap target lock without first having to turn if off. I should be able to switch an active lock to a new character in one button press. I don't like relying on auto-lock and wish I could even disable it. This is on PC KB+M, but not sure how it works on controller.

• We need a "look behind" keybind. When I'm running away from a fight, I want to be able to quickly spin the camera while keeping my character running in the same direction.

• Allow us to drop Power Cells in any location. You can make it a channeled ability to avoid exploits. This could add some level of strategy to how teams collect and deposit cells.

• Allow us to change lock target color and brightness. I too often lose the target in the flurry of effects that appear mid-fight.

• Add a center screen dot as an option and give it the same feature as previous suggestion.

• @American-Hermes Role lock is an interesting idea but in my experience every game has had at least 1 tank and 1 support. As long as it stays this way there is no need for role lock, which is bad in the sense that it creates set team comps with restrictions and that will decrease the fun and variety of gameplay

For example if the role q is 2 dmg 1 tank 1 support then you literally cannot run 2 healer or 3 tank or other wacky stuff that makes the game interesting.

On the issue of leaver penalties, definitely should not be in the game at this point. It is way too early and the earliest it should be added is at launch if at all. And this is assuming that the game is stable and running smoothly

I currently have horrendous lag in every single game i join, I left most of them and i stopped playing entirely because it clearly isn’t going to improve for this beta. Now if i had been penalized for leaving to due insanely unplayable lag that was the game’s fault not mine, then i would not have even given it a second or third or fourth chance

• @American-Hermes I disagree with most of these, I'll try and give a good explanation why. Of course if this is a general consensus then it would obviously be important to look into changes regardless of what I'm about to say but I'll try and give my perspective.

"Role Lock" - I don't think it's necessary at all. Especially not right now as it would limit players' creativity thus naturally limiting the game's potential for creative synergies. From my experience there was never once any game where my team comp, or the enemy's team comp for the matter, was horrendously unbalanced (aside from leavers of course). And I'm not even sure if there is a certain team comp that is horrendously unbalanced right now? It's certainly too early to call for certain heroes needing nerfs or buffs. You've got a "Zerocool needs a buff" and "Zerocool needs a nerf" thread litetally beside each other as I write this, just about sums it up 🙂 You could viably play as 3 supports and 1 tank if your team knew what they were doing. You could viably play as 4 DPS. Would either beat the best team of 4 currently in the game? Probably not, but it could certainly work in other games. I hate using Overwatch as a comparison so much but they introduced a role lock because it was essential that you had a healer. There's a difference of 6v6 vs 4v4 for starters. I could go on. Role lock is not necessary right now.

"Quit penalty" - I wasn't sure if there was one in the Beta or not as I rarely left a game but they began to implement one in the Alpha. But I disagree with them entirely. There's a lot of reasons behind a player leaving besides the fact they are losing. And, once one player leaves, you might as well leave right? But you can't because you'll be unfairly punished. I suggested a Vote to Forfeit option in another thread that I think would work well. I also think the natural progression of some sort of MMR (which I'm also not a fan of but a discussion for another time) will improve the state of leavers on launch as I do agree that a big issue in the previous Beta was leavers and joining into losing matches. It's a tough one to solve BUT a leaver's penalty punishes the wrong player more often than not.

"In-Game LFG" - I don't disagree with this, however there is a system (at least with Xbox) where you can organise LFG and join communities which will likely be in use at full launch. There's an LFG subforum here which has been left largely untouched. There's also the Discord which the majority have used as far as I've seen. But more LFG options in-game especially could be useful especially as the game is so team oriented. I just feel like at this point in developement that there are better uses of time as there are multiple methods to group up already.

"Chat Wheel" - I don't think it necessarily needs to be bigger, in fact I think it's a big improvement to what was in the early Alpha days, but it still needs working on, especially that "A" option (for Xbox) which had a mind of its own as you rightly pointed out. The more compact and concise, the better in my opinion.

"Downsize Maps/Increase Size of Team" - I think this is an unrealistic suggestion as they are fundamental parts of the game. I think it's also personal preference as well and not something that would undoubtedly solve some of the issues you suggest. In fact, ironically, if either of those were implemented I think the TTK would be infinitely worse, no one would ever die.

"Increase Capture Points by +3" - Again I don't see any significant reason to change this. If people wanted to gain their points via fighting then they can, they're not obligated to capture the points although there's a much higher rate of points to be gained so you'd be silly not to. You mention a teammate peeling off to capture an object whilst the others fight, I don't see anything wrong with that either. It's entirely situational. If he did that in the wrong moments then it could backfire. That's where essential teamwork and coordination come into play.

"Fix Lag" - Of course! I was lucky in the sense that not once during the entire weekend did I experience an unbearably laggy game. In fact, I've played since the first Alpha test and have rarely experienced lag since then. So I hope it's fixed for people who are experiencing issues, it's a tough thing to solve though, everyone has unique internet set ups!

"Better Mod Explanation" - I think there is a mention in the tutorials about how they work if I'm not mistaken? But not in terms of duplicates, perhaps it can be a line they add in the UI of the mods tab

• I agree with the OP on a lot of these - especially the bit about increasing the rate of points earned per capture/hold. I suggested this in my feedback. It needs to feel more like an objective mode instead of deathmatch. Increasing base movement speed across the board, adding an additional player on each team, or decreasing map size is interesting. I would be willing to give all of that a chance. Hard to say whether those changes would be for the better, though.

@Sol-Aethiops said in Suggestions Pulled from Reddit:

A few I've come up with during my games:

• Allow me to swap target lock without first having to turn if off. I should be able to switch an active lock to a new character in one button press. I don't like relying on auto-lock and wish I could even disable it. This is on PC KB+M, but not sure how it works on controller.

Could you break this down some more? I play on KBM as well and as far as I can tell, I'm able to do exactly what you're describing. I have a binding to lock-on that can be toggled on and off. I also have a binding to swap targets based on the direction I am looking. These both work independent of each other. I think something wasn't set correctly in your camera or lock-on settings. Possibly something to do with the auto function that seems to be optimized for controller play?

• Role lock should NEVER be a thing in this game, no one wants this game to do the mistakes overwatch has made, role locking will only make players have less fun or increase queue times, just like in overwatch, this game is not overwatch, you gotta remeber that, and you gotta remember overwatch is not a fun game anymore, and i can say that being supported by my 1200 hours of playtime, the worst thing to do to a player is forcing him to play a specific role or character

• @x-AmberPrice said in Suggestions Pulled from Reddit:

@American-Hermes I disagree with most of these, I'll try and give a good explanation why. Of course if this is a general consensus then it would obviously be important to look into changes regardless of what I'm about to say but I'll try and give my perspective.

"Role Lock" - I don't think it's necessary at all. Especially not right now as it would limit players' creativity thus naturally limiting the game's potential for creative synergies. From my experience there was never once any game where my team comp, or the enemy's team comp for the matter, was horrendously unbalanced (aside from leavers of course). And I'm not even sure if there is a certain team comp that is horrendously unbalanced right now? It's certainly too early to call for certain heroes needing nerfs or buffs. You've got a "Zerocool needs a buff" and "Zerocool needs a nerf" thread litetally beside each other as I write this, just about sums it up 🙂 You could viably play as 3 supports and 1 tank if your team knew what they were doing. You could viably play as 4 DPS. Would either beat the best team of 4 currently in the game? Probably not, but it could certainly work in other games. I hate using Overwatch as a comparison so much but they introduced a role lock because it was essential that you had a healer. There's a difference of 6v6 vs 4v4 for starters. I could go on. Role lock is not necessary right now.

"Quit penalty" - I wasn't sure if there was one in the Beta or not as I rarely left a game but they began to implement one in the Alpha. But I disagree with them entirely. There's a lot of reasons behind a player leaving besides the fact they are losing. And, once one player leaves, you might as well leave right? But you can't because you'll be unfairly punished. I suggested a Vote to Forfeit option in another thread that I think would work well. I also think the natural progression of some sort of MMR (which I'm also not a fan of but a discussion for another time) will improve the state of leavers on launch as I do agree that a big issue in the previous Beta was leavers and joining into losing matches. It's a tough one to solve BUT a leaver's penalty punishes the wrong player more often than not.

"In-Game LFG" - I don't disagree with this, however there is a system (at least with Xbox) where you can organise LFG and join communities which will likely be in use at full launch. There's an LFG subforum here which has been left largely untouched. There's also the Discord which the majority have used as far as I've seen. But more LFG options in-game especially could be useful especially as the game is so team oriented. I just feel like at this point in developement that there are better uses of time as there are multiple methods to group up already.

"Chat Wheel" - I don't think it necessarily needs to be bigger, in fact I think it's a big improvement to what was in the early Alpha days, but it still needs working on, especially that "A" option (for Xbox) which had a mind of its own as you rightly pointed out. The more compact and concise, the better in my opinion.

"Downsize Maps/Increase Size of Team" - I think this is an unrealistic suggestion as they are fundamental parts of the game. I think it's also personal preference as well and not something that would undoubtedly solve some of the issues you suggest. In fact, ironically, if either of those were implemented I think the TTK would be infinitely worse, no one would ever die.

"Increase Capture Points by +3" - Again I don't see any significant reason to change this. If people wanted to gain their points via fighting then they can, they're not obligated to capture the points although there's a much higher rate of points to be gained so you'd be silly not to. You mention a teammate peeling off to capture an object whilst the others fight, I don't see anything wrong with that either. It's entirely situational. If he did that in the wrong moments then it could backfire. That's where essential teamwork and coordination come into play.

"Fix Lag" - Of course! I was lucky in the sense that not once during the entire weekend did I experience an unbearably laggy game. In fact, I've played since the first Alpha test and have rarely experienced lag since then. So I hope it's fixed for people who are experiencing issues, it's a tough thing to solve though, everyone has unique internet set ups!

"Better Mod Explanation" - I think there is a mention in the tutorials about how they work if I'm not mistaken? But not in terms of duplicates, perhaps it can be a line they add in the UI of the mods tab

I agree with this post. Role Lock is always a terrible idea as it pigeonholes strategic thinking and interesting team comps. We all have to understand that the game is still very new and everyone has a different opinion, but suggestions such as "make maps smaller" and "more players per match" are throwing out fundamental aspects to balance and teamfighting. I also feel that those suggestions are made from a players performing on the lower end of the spectrum.

While I do want leaver penalties, I have to say that with the game as it is, I feel like we aren't experiencing the true "competitive" mode. Until we see what Ranked looks like and how it is structured, I would hold off.

• I'm gonna have to disagree with role lock. I like the idea of it, but it mainly comes down to toxicity. Say you're too slow and are the last to pick, and the only thing left is support, and you don't play support. In fact, you hate support. What do you do? You just leave the game and put your team at a disadvantage. But, you don't want to take the penalty for leaving a match. So what now? Simple, you just throw the game. You don't heal (probably because you didn't want to heal in the first place), you barely fight because you know you'll probably lose most encounters because you don't play any support characters, and you're just overall a detriment to your team. It'll happen way more often than people think. People throw games because they don't get the character they want, let alone not getting the role they want.

• @Sol-Aethiops said in Suggestions Pulled from Reddit:

A few I've come up with during my games:

Could you break this down some more? I play on KBM as well and as far as I can tell, I'm able to do exactly what you're describing. I have a binding to lock-on that can be toggled on and off. I also have a binding to swap targets based on the direction I am looking. These both work independent of each other. I think something wasn't set correctly in your camera or lock-on settings. Possibly something to do with the auto function that seems to be optimized for controller play?

@Cold-Conduct

I set Lock Target to toggle as well. What I mean is that, using the middle mouse key, I can't click once to swap the lock to a new target. I have to first click to disable the lock on the initial target, then click again to lock onto the new target at the center of my screen.

I know about cycling through targets using F, but I don't want that (I hate cycling since the order is often random and it's just a waste of time). I want a single key press to immediately lock target at whoever is at the center of my screen, regardless if I have an active lock already.

I tested this in the dojo and in-game, and you can't immediately swap target locks with one click of your mouse. Seems like a small thing (just double-click), but in the middle of a fight it can easily become a hassle to change targets quickly and accurately.

• @Sol-Aethiops Hmmm. I could have sworn it was in fact working that way for me, but maybe I had been overlooking something or didn't realize I had been double-tapping toggle. I spent a good while remapping all my bindings and toying with settings before I joined any matches. Guess I'll have to take a look next beta; if you're right then I'm in agreement with you entirely.