Character Idea

• I played against a team that used several control characters and found that this game has no character with the skills to respond to teams with these characteristics. In addition to almost all characters having the skills to stun their opponent, eleven characters seven can stun the opponent. So the game needs a character with the characteristics to respond to control tactics. Here's my idea.

New Character
    name: Elizabeth
    class: Killer

Elizabeth is a vampire because we love vampires. Which has a very fore map control.

Special Skills
    Coffin: Press a button and summon your coffin to a place on the screen where you can at any time press the same button to transform into vampires and teleport to the coffin. You can change the location of your coffin at any time by holding the skill button, it has a reload time. The coffin is very resistant, but it can be destroyed.
    Juicy: Advance quickly forward and finish with a blow by throwing your opponent into the air.
    Bats:: If you get any stun skills, use Bats, to which you turn into vampires, you are immune to any kind of control effect for a few seconds and you are faster. I don't know if it's OP, but Bats could do damage. This game has an urgent need for characters to escape from so much control.

Supers
    killer instinct: Your Vampire killer instinct becomes insatiable, increasing your speed by 50% or faster than Skates and also increasing your damage. Your enemies with less than 30% health have a red aura and all enemies can be seen through walls.
    bloodlust: When you activate bloodlust a red area is marked on the ground and you become immortal and grab the opponent's neck with less blood in the area, taking 30% of life after 3s. If at the end of 3 seconds the opponent died by bloodlust and there is an opponent close by, the ability continues and only if the opponent manages to leave alive. The opponent receiving bloodlust is immobile and can be canceled by characters with abilities like Bats. This area control skill would be nice.

I thought this image was cool and represents my character, I didn't create the image: https://www.1zoom.me/big2/44/87111-Cat.jpg

• ehhh a vampire doesnt really fit the lore so far. it seems to be set in a cyber punk esk world not a mythical one.

also what do you mean by control? all characters have evades, and alot of characters have abilitities that allow you to dive out of a fight.

also alot of your abilities sound op. especially your killer instinct super.

but i mean maybe they could do a magician that looks like dracula or a vampire, but isnt a vampire and has similar abilities although idk how to make these abilities fully make sense for a magician.

• @D4m0R3d Daemon starts a combo on you, after that Buttercup pulls you with his ability, Daemon can stab you again or Maeve can cage you. Believe after the second control against a good team you will be dead. And there is no point in having evasion skills if you are under control. This is control. A skill that makes you immune to control has to exist, some characters have to be able to escape from so much control.

• @Andre-LMay-BR Vampire? Too easy. I think NT has better crazy ideas than this. And they probably already have many heroes thought out in advance.

• @Niksan3127 Appearently they're going to release many heroes and modes when the game will go live.

• Vampire themed is ok, and there's no reason it wouldn't fit in the lore of the world, as it's basically just vampire-like augmentation that an enthusiast might go for. That actually sounds pretty realistic given what I know of people lol. There are also ways to be more indirect about it so as to make it more interesting rather than just "I'M A VAMPIRE!". I'm imagining a fighter with cybernetic bat ears for example, or the magician concept @D4m0R3d mentioned. I mean c'mon, when am I going to get my furry-styled fighters! I mean there's Cass but... eh. That's just me though haha

But that's hardly the most salient point here. I wanna talk strategy and balancing.

Basic Abilities: I'm assuming they have evade and that this is a melee fighter, but she's missing a passive skill that would really make her viable. A mobility type passive seems best here for getting to high ground, but I'm also in favor of a combo mechanic like Shredder, Slap em' Good, etc.

Coffin: In a way this is pretty strong, but on the other hand it's also kind of not. Making a special a get out of jail free card is nice but it's one less ability to use in combat. So you're always running and not having the threat necessary to be useful before that. I'm also partial to never having specials that require me to go hunt down something that makes a fighter impossible to deal with, leaving the objective areas for no reason. Think Symmetra before her rework in overwatch, where you had to go find that stupid teleporter so they would stop spawning and coming right to the point. It's an annoying mechanic to say the least. On the other hand, it might make for a really interesting super instead. Say as a super, you place a 1 time use Coffin that can be destroyed. Upon your next death, instead of dying you respawn there at full HP. It can also be destroyed when found. This isn't too OP, it's an interesting mechanic, and I won't feel like I HAVE to go find it all the time.

Juicy: So it's a dash similar to Swoop that does damage, but then you jump at the end. And if you hit somebody they go airborne with you? Then you could finish off with a ground slam. Additionally, this could allow you to get to high ground. Maybe at any point in the dash you can attack to activate the second effect, much like Daemon's Shift special. Whenever you use the second activation, a small aoe around you does the damage knockup. That would likely give her the best combination of internal synergy and skill level necessary to be fun to play.

Bats: So a channeled special that grants unstoppable and some damage over time. I don't see why that would be OP, that sounds quite balanced actually. If you time it right you can block abilities and there's plenty of similar but different specials in the game. It's not like it would make you invulnerable anyway and it suits her kit as I am seeing it so far.

Killer Instinct: 50% is too much, lets use Kulev's Boon as a basis. That's 25% damage, 15% defense, and 25% speed. Kulev can cast on anyone but not himself, so its fairly balanced to steal that as a straight self-buff. If we drop the defense, we could say ~30% damage and ~30% speed, plus the revealed effect on any fighter below 30% health. I really like the latter effect, as it's like Miko's Stalker ability and there's not reason we can't reuse that.

Bloodlust: So you're invulnerable for 3s, and one target within reach is stunned and has a 30% life drain on their health. Okay so having some kind of healing method is nice. I'm a little wary of the CC since you can't be cancelled, but it kind of sounds like Daemon's Shadow Strike but with less damage and more healing. Maybe if we did like a 1s AOE stun instead? That way they have a chance to get out. Alternatively, this could be swapped with Coffin and adjusted. Make Coffin like I suggested before, then have this ability be a 1s Invulnerability with AOE damage and lifesteal. The more targets you hit the better you heal. I'd expect probably ~30 hp per target at most and it'd fit well with her kit.

To be clear, when I'm talking about her kit and synergy, I'm talking about that of a roamer similar to Cass and Daemon. Someone with good mobility and survivability to get around the map, but doesn't really have much in the way of a high hp pool or self-heal. I'd like to see another roaming damage character, as I feel they're very useful to have around.

• @Andre-LMay-BR

ohh i get you. what about maeves invis? isnt that what you are looking for. maeves invis negates everything that is happening to her and allows her to escape. doesnt it? and i mean there are abilities that allow you to escape their control. like gizmos bounce pad, nidhoggr slide/ boomatar, elbastardos dash, cass has 2 dashes and a high jump + a back jump thing. makuto has his charge, and speed abilities, miko has her freeze ability, buttercups charge attack, zero cools jet jump.

• @Evade-This5965
    oh dude yes a hyprid human could be cool. a human/ bat might work imo. or yes a human who has augmented themselves to be like a bat. although if this person were to be a villan or evil how would that fit into the lore? cause they are fighting against a tyranical government arent they? i mean maybe this bat aurmented cannibal is the reason the government has been turning on augmented peeps???? or they could just not be a cannibal and someone that has these kinds of traits but uses them for good.

if it is a bat augmented person there ult could allow them to see every enemy though walls. with the good hearing and all. and the other one a deafaning scream that stuns peeps or silences there abilites? hmm idk that sounds too much like nidhoggr, maybe it slows them down. or it could be an ult that allows him to fly around and attack people somehow.

we kinda need a healer next actually. we have 4 tanks, 5 dps and 3 healers. so maybe. he can be a support that empowers its teamates? i dunno lol

anyways im sure the devs have shit tons of their own plans lol

• @Evade-This5965 Sorry but English is not my first language.
    Coffin:
    leaving the objective areas for no reason? Seriously
    This ability is similar to that of the Overwatch Shadow except that you don't have to keep playing your ability at all times, as the coffin can only be moved if you want to. Sometimes, to deliver cells, your team has to defend two points, being able to use the coffin as a bait. When the guy feels confident to deliver 20 cells his skills will always put you around is very strong. It's a new idea I think the coffin is very strong, in many films vampires have a connection with their coffin, maybe you can be alerted when trying to destroy your coffin, making the ability even stronger, it would be a great sign that someone would be around to deliver cells.
    The coffin is not as fast as the Shadow ability, but the Bleeding Edge maps have cool features like points where you can use them to hide your coffin.
    Juicy:
    It is based on the combat skills of Bleeding Edge. Something like Daemon's ability, but playing in the air is very strong and you can continue with a combo, this makes up for the lack of other skills, as the coffin and bats are more used for area control and defense.
    Bats:
    I'm sorry. Your character becomes bats and not vampires, language problems. This ability is very strong and unique so far in the game, the developers created the game and thought we are going to put everyone under control, but not my character. That would be really cool to even see on the screen.

Supers
    killer instinct:
    This ability goes so well with a vampire that's why it's so cool. The intention in addition to getting faster is that you can see the aura of all your enemies and those with less than 30% health aura in red, because this is really a vampire thing, like the fear of death making your blood look different color of fear. And it would be interesting to nullify Maeve and Daemon’s ability to hide, I hate invisible characters. Daemon said goodbye, I was invisible, my character with this ability will say not today. BRAWWW
    bloodlust:
    This ability seems weak, but in combat where your team knows how to play it must be insane, look at the special abilities of Nidhoggr or Daemon. Who would stay in a red area with the risk of being paralyzed for 3s to which they will surely lose 30% of life.

That's the idea of ​​a character, I think vampires are fantastic. Maybe you can use three bars and have a double jump like ZeroCool. It would be cool, double jump, bats reach a platform. I thought the character was cool.

• @Andre-LMay-BR Your idea is cool. I was just trying to help balance out the concept. Who knows, the devs might build something based on it in the future! My only thing is I hate feeling forced away from the objective by player abilities, since I consider them to be poor design. Coffin is both annoying in that sense and easy to ignore in another sense. Basically its a character that will never die... but if you're saying its like Reaper's teleport ability (I think that's what you're referring to?) then yes that's not fast at all. That's more balanced, but I'm definitely never going to go out of my way to destroy the coffin.

Anyway, great concept!

@D4m0R3d Yes I want a hybrid bat dude!!! I'd play the crap out of that. I mean I know Elizabeth is female but I'm just saying my preferences haha. Why would they need to be evil though? Lots of BE characters are edgy and somewhat anarchic in a screw 'the man' kind of way haha. Of course I'd be pretty much the same in what appears to be a borderline dystopic society.

I do think we need a healer next, just because 4 feels like a good baseline for each role to have early on. But I'd also like there to be more damage options than the others in general. Depends on which way the devs want to push the meta. Healers in particular can disrupt the balance of the game so hopefully they put good consideration into it.

• @Evade-This5965 nah i was talking about evil in order to somewhat stick to the original guys idea. sucking blood from peeps sounds evil to me. but then again i mean daemon uses an axe, and gizmo uses a gun. but then sucking blood or being a cannibal how do you explain that guy to be a good guy ya know lol.

but yea they dont have to be evil. they could just be a scientist that was trying to help humans advance, like lizard guy from spiderman, or man bat from batman. only the government turned on him and fucked with his studies or some shit so he used his studies to advance himself so he could fight against them.

• @Votre-Daron is this true? i know of Mekko. but theres more?!?!

• @Andre-LMay-BR I would like to see a voguing robot, doing vogue melee combat.

• @Evade-This5965 Tks for help. I don't know how to balance this character in terms of speed and strength, but it would be nice to see him working.

• @Votre-Daron
    I think Ninja has a lot of ideas, but I'm passionate about games and maybe I have some ideas. I have an idea for two or three more characters besides this one so I believe that Ninja must have the concept of many characters, because the amount of material from other games is huge. I simply put this character in because the control of this game is currently insane.

• @QuirkyQU33FER

of coarse they are going to be releasing more characters. they dont mean theres gonna be multiple new characters on release, just that they are obviously gonna add things to the game over time. just as overwatch does. overwatch only recently just released a new character. and that game has been out for years now.

@Andre-LMay-BR

yea im sure they are probs working on multiple new characters atm, they probs have concept ideas or ability ideas for shit tons of characters.

• @D4m0R3d
    Another dps character lol.

• @Votre-Daron

lol hopefully another healer

• @Andre-LMay-BR
    All I want is a voguing character that would be so great.

• @D4m0R3d
    Actually echo is the 17th dps, what a shame, anyways hope BE will not do the same mistakes.