new game mode :nexus destroy ?
Yea I know this mode is classical but the game needs this mode. Because this mode have more competition than other modes. Towers, lanes, nexus... this game needs that kind of stuff
Definitely not. 3 lane moba would not work at all in this game. They would have to change so much and divert all their attention from the main game
Also another issue that cannot be solved is the fact that in a moba mode you would need actual free aim not lock on which completely changes the game and turns it into something else entirely. Crossplay would instantly become unfair to controller players in a free aim system. Trust me it would not work and it would not be good for this game and they are also never going to do it
They need to fix the performance issues (lag/framerate) and keep adding new heroes/maps. If they put in new modes it should be stuff like capture the flag or plant the bomb etc
Ironically, this game was originally going to be a MOBA, but it didn't really suit that concept as things move forward in development.
However, there's not reason we can't borrow some of these ideas for the sake of some interesting game modes!
Things to consider if you want a decent mode.
- Every map has 3 objectives.
- Usually they open and close at different times randomly, but this isn't strictly necessary. They could all always be open if the mode called for that, but the benefit of phases is that if you need time to regroup after losing the fight they don't just destroy the map while you're gone.
- The objectives are not always in the same configuration (Aqueducts), but so far point B is always in the center of the map.
- Spawn is not always accessible (Skygarden), so the spawn can't be a focus point.
- You can create objects on the map, just try to keep it simple.
- Kills should count for something. Right now in the two game modes they're worth 1.66% to 2% of the victory condition.
- There should be a reasonable assumption that no matter how it is played, so long as the players are trying to do anything, the game should always trend towards ending. So someone should always be getting points.
- Comebacks should be possible, no matter how slim, so all points must be earned and stoppable from being earned.
So like a Tower mode hmm... like what if there were 2 towers that opened up, one for each team, on two random points. Any damage to a tower earns points, like say 1 per 100 damage dealt to it, and kills are worth 10 points with a win condition of ~500. The towers can attack enemies, but only if their guard is up - if you guard break them then they stop attacking until it recovers. So you could either protect your own and have the home ground advantage, or try to take out the enemy's. If you're left to solo the tower, you WILL win even if you take a little bit of damage as a result because you can take down its shields quick enough with no one playing defender.
@Tuomari4273 big facts i holeheartedly agree