Daily challenges

• Recently I've been thinking that giving the players daily challenges would help give more incentive to play. Like offer 3-5 challenges that offer us in game currency and/or mods/skins /emotes/stickers. Maybe similar to how apex does it, but no battle pass

• This'd be a great incentive to log in every day, especially if people are finding the rewards lacking at the moment. However, there is the problem of people doing things just for the daily and not the team's benefit. I can easily see people taking characters that are ill-suited to face an enemy team because they need to "Play 3 Matches as El Bastardo" or "Win a Match with Maeve", etc. If it's handing in Power Cells, I can easily see people selfishly grabbing all they can and handing them in for the daily, not caring if they're seperated from the team.

This isn't a fault of your idea nor the game, this is just an inherent trait with retention-based activities, least of all in a game that so heavily relies on people playing as a team.

• @NekuWitTheDraco said in Daily challenges:

Recently I've been thinking that giving the players daily challenges would help give more incentive to play. Like offer 3-5 challenges that offer us in game currency and/or mods/skins /emotes/stickers. Maybe similar to how apex does it, but no battle pass

This would be a greatly appreciated feature! The game Gigantic by Motiga had a card-based challenge system which did wonders in my opinion for giving people incentive to play more, get better and try more things while also making the grind for earn currency to buy cosmetics a lot less of a grind. It also was kinda a bonus collector thing. Having a full set of cards was pretty satisfying 🙂

So yeah, definitely something I think NT should look into down the line. I believe Dead By Daylight have a good model in their "Ritual" system NT could draw inspiration from. It's limited but simple and fair.

Also yes, forget battle passes, that's just become a bit of a cop out system that way too many games use. Besides considering the monetary application of battle passes, I don't think that's in line with NT's plans at all since they have stated they don't have any intention of adding micro-transactions.

@Johnbonne said in Daily challenges:

This'd be a great incentive to log in every day, especially if people are finding the rewards lacking at the moment. However, there is the problem of people doing things just for the daily and not the team's benefit. I can easily see people taking characters that are ill-suited to face an enemy team because they need to "Play 3 Matches as El Bastardo" or "Win a Match with Maeve", etc. If it's handing in Power Cells, I can easily see people selfishly grabbing all they can and handing them in for the daily, not caring if they're seperated from the team.

This isn't a fault of your idea nor the game, this is just an inherent trait with retention-based activities, least of all in a game that so heavily relies on people playing as a team.

I feel that power cell example would be a reasonable high-risk high-reward type deal. At least they would still be playing the objective. A team could totally play around that and enable them for the win.

Your other examples though, they seem spot on to me! 😄 Other good ones would be "Deal 100,000 damage" or "Get 1200 objective score" for non-fighter exclusive ones that require multiple games to reach.