@Pilot-Nexus Of course. People still play this game every single day to the point where I rarely have trouble finding a match. I do understand that plenty of people apparently try play during very off-peak hours, something I've only experienced once. And you're right, it is a shame. I really do feel for ya. If it helps, we do play customs every Saturday night from about 9pm GMT until 11pm (roughly 3pm-5pm CST). I host it from my Twitch channel (twitch.tv/b4nj4x) where you can vote during matches or between to help determine if we play normally or mix it up a bit with a minigame like Catch the Cass or Healer Hell.
Posts made by b4njAx
RE: A potential year for changes and improvement for BE
RE: To the bleeding edge developers
Problem there is the 4 stacks would never find a match but honestly, 4 stacking is turning into a problem on its own.
^ This is something I've been saying for months. It's one of the reasons I started trying to host customs at a consistent time for the whole community to take advantage of.
Then I started grouping up on and off. Now I find stacking so boring because you just stomp over and over until Illuminati comes to snipe you. I think some of those filthy stackers are coming around to seeing how stacking is damaging the game but there are still plenty that actively farm new players for leaderboard rank.
It is pretty damn lame.
^ For what it's worth, I always enjoy stacking with you. You're probably my fave duo tbh, mostly because you're not like the typical stacking scum.
Anyways, yeah, I've never bothered with emote cancelling. I prefer to stagger my combos...it just feels...better. I can't stand minimal effort exploits. It just spoils the competitive nature.
RE: Wishing good vibes at NT.
Yeah I sincerely wish them well and hope my suspicions of the possible situation is correct and that the pandemic has them working from home, most likely on assisting the Hellblade 2 devs thus leaving Bleeding Edge on the backburner. As for their surprising silence...I honestly can't blame them. Despite the first 4 months since release they churned out many things with monthly updates and most of their decisions, plenty of them good ones, were heavily criticized by the "fans". They have taken shit from this community non-stop from the get-go with hardly any focus on giving them any of the credit they were due so yeah, I can see why they wouldn't bother with updating us on future plans, at least until they know they can actually commit to them. I'm sure they'll inform us of the game's future when they're damn well ready to. I doubt they've actually abandoned the game and I think it's a tad inconsiderate, impatient and short-sighted to think they have despite how much care they have put into the little details that make the game great. Like in Joreyo's latest video: https://youtu.be/NwCpbQBMDxQ
To finish, much love to Rahni and the others! Hope ye are ok and can come back to work on BE soon
RE: To the bleeding edge developers
You really wanna split the playerbase into 5 different Qs? I'd rather keep getting matches, thanks.
Ideally they would add a Vs Bots queue for new players to get comfortable without being shat on and ridiculed by their opponents and teammates just for being inexperienced. They'd be more likely to keep playing enough to know what they're doing. Also I think NT need to link more videos in watchzone, not just Arekkz vids. Like Barzaud's misfit series or Joreyo's tech guides, maybe even Chaos' coverage of the Monthly Melee. But yeah, it would be nice if they fixed the glitches we've been dealing with since launch.
Personally I'd really like them to add more map mods (including the Deathmatch mod I suggested here: https://forum.bleedingedge.com/topic/1649/mod-thoughts-if-applicable-p) and tweak Open Season to include phases.
RE: So when is Daemon getting fixed?
@CelestialUmbran Sucka, Cage, Stasis, Leap Of Faith, Yank, Attractive/Repellent, Evade.
Counters aren't always a 1v1 thing so yeah, a Daemon lands it on a Zerocool, that Zero can't do much but evade the shimmer. Any of the abilities I mentioned above can and will disrupt a perfectly executed air tech combo. Just gotta keep an eye out for it and that's pretty easy for top players. I struggle to spot the shimmer so I can't brag but just because I can only catch it out some of the time doesn't mean it's uncounterable. Most times I use AoE to make it more difficult for Daemon to get in position. That there, is a counter. Kulev's Sacred Ground is particularly good. If Daemon tried the tech on someone within such an AoE, his stealth breaks and the combo can easily be evaded out of unless he whiffs the first hit in the chain but at that point, he'll lose any benefit from Trickin' by the time he Shift Strikes, if at all given the fact he'll then be vulnerable to any teammates keep an eye on the teammate Daemon happens to target.
Point is, once you know there's a Daemon trying to air tech constantly, keeping an eye out for it and shutting it down is relatively straightforward. If your team has a Zerocool, just watch their back better and you'll see that shimmer coming a mile away.
RE: So when is Daemon getting fixed?
It is boring as hell. That's basically why I despise metas. However, I have to say that it's not really a problem. It's annoying that it's relied on so much but here's why, in the grand scheme of things, I don't think it's something that needs to be "fixed":
1. It's something that actually takes some skill to pull off consistently
2. It really showcases Daemons strength in a flashy way which is very appealing to new players
3. He's an assassin, this is what he's meant to do. Burst people down out of nowhere. Get over it and learn how to counter it
Figure it out, don't let it get you down. By all means, roll your eyes, I know I do, but he does have weaknesses, he's squishy and that tech requires a fair bit of commitment. When you expect it, you can keep an eye out and react quicker and shut him down. Get the hang of doing that, it doesn't seem so boring and more of a challenge to overcome that shows your own skill over others.
RE: Developer Update (opposite of community update)
@Surrtan As per usual, you continue to be a pillar of this community, dude! Thank you!
RE: Better bonus and rewards for help newcomers
@XxUnReached Let me respond bit by bit...
1. New players can be frustrating but that's not their fault or the devs fault. Newcomers will naturally not know how important working as a team is in this game or even what good teamwork even looks like with fighters they hardly know. If a more experienced player gets frustrated, that's their own fault for not understanding and accepting that.
2. The bonuses are fine. The game has been out for about 8 months and players who've been playing since launch are already finding the bonuses to be irrelevant to them since they already have all the mods and any cosmetics they care about. There's nothing wrong with a bit of a grind. Don't blame the game just because it expects you to play it to earn everything (for free I might add).
3. Bonuses aren't really there to incentivise anyway. Rankings (which currently don't really mean anything) and a player's individual drive to improve is what does that.
4. Some of these suggestions sound potentially exploitable so games hardly do that as far as I know. Like the first one, that's already covered with the bonus from highest objective score. The second one isn't a bad idea. Would be nice to encourage stacking with newer players. Also the feedback idea is good. Would be nice to have the upvote of sorts visible to the players being upvoted and maybe then have a bonus like the others for most upvotes but I am unsure how they would reasonably implement that without screwing up the flow of the end game screen. The last one, pardon my bluntness but that's just stupid. You'll just end up with people ganging up on other players with reports to farm the bonus.
Hope my words weren't too harsh, didn't want to shoot you down or anything. Just trying to be honest. Legitimately though, with regular enough play, those "crap" bonuses get you so much after a few months so don't let yourself get impatient about the grind. Like I hardly play more than an hour every few days since launch and I have unlocked every board, sticker, most of the paint jobs, all the skins I care about and I have all the mods with loads of mod parts left over. I also have every fighter up to at least level 17. Long term, the bonuses as they are are pretty good.
Really the best way to help newcomers is if they add a Practice queue to fight against AI bots and for the playerbase to be more welcoming and understanding to them (the newcomers).
RE: D-Day Weekly Community Event (Deathmatch Day) Going Forward
Running this again today at 7pm GMT (1pm CST) for 2 hours. Possibly for the last time until the devs prove they actually care in some way.
Makutu's Happy Thoughts
Why these mods?
1. Diffraction is banned to help curb the use/effectiveness of Shredder spam because it's low effort and annoying
2. Ghostin' is banned because it promotes bad Daemon gameplay and to round out the trio of bans tbh. No one likes a Daemon who relies on Stealth too much
3. Happy Thoughts is banned...nuff said and you know why
1. No Stacking
2. No Banned Mods