Whats the sense of shooting chars in a fighting game.

• As longer i play the game as more i ask myself why are there range heros and why so many.
    Mekko will be another range hero as a tank so every role have range heros.

Then i asked myself... would this game be better without range heros?
    I mean the half cast are shooting heros.

I dont get the concept hey guys lets make a brawler game with auto aim and then add a lot of range chars to it?

I also dont understand wheres the fun in playing range heros in this game. You dont do anything except standing outside the fight and holding the fire button. Its like playing any other shoter game with autoaim and for me it would be boring as ....

I think it dont fit well to the game.

Dont know but the game lacks in so many things hero balance, balance overall, connection, game mods, maps, things to unlock, and other small quality of life changes example switch mods in Dojo e.t.c

As more i playing the game in his current state the less I enjoy it and if it took months to make the game atleast playable and fun then im out.

Im still have hope for this game.

• @Swanky-Sambo They’re not going to remove ranged heroes from the game or change them to melee

There’s a tradeoff. You act like ranged heroes are all op and cant be touched. If a melee hero gets close and starts hitting them ranged heroes become useless and have to run away

If you ignore them and let them hit you then yea they will seem op

• Unskilled players play ranged heroes in a melee game.Food anyway.

• Play it with mouse and keyboard and dont use the mark target, its just better that way, they should make ranged heroes without any target lock system or autoaim like marking an enemy in WOW when playing a caster or hunter, its plain boring, however melee heroes should be able to use it, but it shouldnt be locked on to the abilities, there should be a skill behind getting the abilities to hit the enemy, but being able to lock ur camera on a certain enemy as a melee hero is one thing but IMO u should still be punished if you buttonmash and should be able to miss, the weapons shouldnt be the ones that are locked, but the camera or just the head of the melee character, making it easier for controller players to follow the one you are dueling, but this aint an mmorpg it shouldnt be autoaim on ranged abilities neither on melee weapons, only on camera/headmovement, so you have to adjust while fighting. Like in WOW you can target an enemy but if ur a rogue fighting another character close quarter combat and you run around eachothers in circles then it you should also be missing ur hits if ur not looking straight at the character and adjusting your line of sight, the game should do it for you.

It aint that hard to play good without autoaim on a controller.

• @Swanky-Sambo said in Whats the sense of shooting chars in a fighting game.:

Bleeding Edge is not strictly a fighting game. Even then, Mortal Kombat, Street Fighter, Injustice (as far as I know) all have projectile-based abilities and are considered fighting games. The former two especially would be considered the very kings of that particular hill.

As longer i play the game as more i ask myself why are there range heros and why so many.

I struggle to understand your point. Bleeding Edge isn't a fighting game per se, but then what genre it really fits into I don't know. To me it's an arena shooter with melee characters.

No. Just as all ranged is a horrible experience, all melee becomes a matter of who can get their abilities off first and who is stunlocked the least.

I mean the half cast are shooting heros.

Again, I struggle to understand your point. You're not wrong, 6 of the 12 (11 so far) characters are ranged.

I dont get the concept hey guys lets make a brawler game with auto aim and then add a lot of range chars to it?

I also dont understand wheres the fun in playing range heros in this game.

Some people like to used ranged weapons. I personally like the skill and strategy that comes from maintaining a minimum distance while keeping melee attackers away.

You dont do anything except standing outside the fight and holding the fire button.

Just like melee fighters, except you stand inside the fight. That is if we're going to be as reductionist as saying Spec Ops: The Line is a Doom clone.

If it were that easy then I'd be calling for more challenging gameplay, but it's not because ranged characters have to open the gap between themselves and their foes, and are equipped with abilities to do so. Just as melee characters have to close the gap and need to play characters that have the ability to do so.

Its like playing any other shoter game with autoaim and for me it would be boring as ....

The melee also has lock on, which come to think of it, is the cause of the most criticised aspects to The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt, one of the most critically acclaimed RPGs of this generation. Without it the game is much better for a lot of people.

I think it dont fit well to the game.

That's fine. The feeling of something not fitting well in a game is often hard to describe, I won't fault you if you can't elaborate.

Dont know but the game lacks in so many things hero balance, balance overall, connection, game mods, maps, things to unlock, and other small quality of life changes example switch mods in Dojo e.t.c

The only things I agree with in that list are connection, things to unlock and other small quality of life changes. Otherwise the game's great for that.

As more i playing the game in his current state the less I enjoy it and if it took months to make the game atleast playable and fun then im out.

That's natural for any game, but fair enough. The connection issues and being put in losing games is annoying me a fair bit.

Im still have hope for this game.

Good. I don't, but then I'm not hopeful for anything. I'm a realist, I'll believe good things will happen when they happen. But then I think good things have happened with this game. Whether more come, we shall see. ^^

• @Swanky-Sambo Ranged fighters are here to keep the melee characters in check. So you don't run behind someone for hours and it's waaaaaaaay easier to finish off targets and also keeps the fights more spaced.
    On the other hand they can help their close range teammates when they're being stunlocked and combo locked.
    For example nid is very strong but a gizmo helps to tone him down.
    A cass is very mobile and is really hard to hit with melee based attacks but any long ranged fighter can take care of her.

• First of all, Bleeding Edge is not a fighting game. Mortal Kombat, Street Fighter or tTekken are fighting games. So i dont see whats wrong with ranged combat. Even in real fighting games zoning exists as natural mechanics of the game. Bleeding Edge without ranged combat woukd be an absolute moshpit.
    Regards,
    RustyBlasty

• @Johnbonne said in Whats the sense of shooting chars in a fighting game.:

@Swanky-Sambo said in Whats the sense of shooting chars in a fighting game.:

Bleeding Edge is not strictly a fighting game. Even then, Mortal Kombat, Street Fighter, Injustice (as far as I know) all have projectile-based abilities and are considered fighting games. The former two especially would be considered the very kings of that particular hill.

As longer i play the game as more i ask myself why are there range heros and why so many.

I struggle to understand your point. Bleeding Edge isn't a fighting game per se, but then what genre it really fits into I don't know. To me it's an arena shooter with melee characters.

No. Just as all ranged is a horrible experience, all melee becomes a matter of who can get their abilities off first and who is stunlocked the least.

I did not read your post before i posted mine. Now it looks kinda awkward 🙂

• @RustyBlasty said in Whats the sense of shooting chars in a fighting game.:

@Johnbonne said in Whats the sense of shooting chars in a fighting game.:

I did not read your post before i posted mine. Now it looks kinda awkward 🙂

No worries, I second what additions you made. You did mention Tekken, so you've contributed something I didn't! xD