MASSIVE BUT LATE BETA FEEDBACK. DEVS PLS READ.

• Last weekend I played more than 15 hours!
    But only now i found time to write down and post all impressions.

Overall game is very fun and highly addicitive. For me as a player of moba's and heroshooters, Bleeding Edge is mixing all dreams together. It's taking all the best from both genres but removing frustrating oneshots and camping shooter elements as do timewasting farming and leveling moba elements.
    I consider myself as advanced player and I played with mous + keyboard controls and also solo, without group of friends. So all feedback will be from this perspective.

General:

• The delay in the game is very sad. In my region of eastern Europe, the characters of the players often simply jumped from place to place instead of movement, and the enemy’s use of Evade turned into a banal teleport, making impossible to track the direction of the enemy’s movement. At the same time, the transitions between animations seem to be kind of twitchy, as if there is no state between two different movements. Especially noticible on characters movement direction changes.

• Matchmaking seems not to be well balanced even after 15 hours of skill adjucements. There was still often happened games where my team is wiping out opponent team with objective result 5% to 95% at final. And equally often it's goes vice versa, when my team staying at respawn point and watch how score goes to 0-600.

• Otherwise game have great comeback potentiall. I had few games where in loosing team with score 100-400 we group up, focus and win the game with score 600-590.
      Moments like that is epic but their need some additional audio-visual attention when it comes close to 600. Because there is no consious feeling that your team is very close to win with opponents team and just one accident or yolo move can destroy it all. Usually I realized that the last game was an epic comeback only, when it's already finished, at aftergame stats screen.

Balance general:

The current balance created a very interesting meta, where the key player in the team, as well as the target number one for the opposing team, was support, due to its extremely effective healing ability. Choosing a support character, the player finds himself in a high risk-high reward situation, with a potential to make the most tangible contribution to the victory, but at the same time forced to constantly defend against focused enemy attacks. I like it. And looks like players like it too, because pickrate of support was very high. Not comparsible to other competitive games.

Various:

• Add more options of antialiasing for players with powerfull hardware.

• Add possibility to change game language ingame. Xbox game pass app is horrible in terms of options and not allow this.

• Use new gamertags with hidden generated tag #numbers. People deserve to have proper nicknames in YEAR#2020.

• Text lines and the distance between them on the main menu screen could be larger. I often missclick a menu category that I intended to open.

• The workshop could be more responsive and load faster between categories.

• On the buy and change implants screen, the help tab with the names of abilities should be available.
      To find out which ability will improve selected implant I must return back to character selection screen and only there show abilities help tab, where I can find abilities names.

• Communication of what is difference between player account level up and particullar character level up.

• Communication of what player will get if recieved during level up implant will be duplicate.

• There is no way to see the paint options before buying a hoverboard.

• Not responsive UI on the screen after the match results. Tabs switching buttons respond with a large initial delay. I feel like I forced to watch minimum 5 seconds of progression to be able switch to other tabs or call menu to leave the game.

• The player’s progress on the screen of the best moments of the match could be shown as a sidebar or a running line, and not as a separate tab. There is not enough time to watch all 3 tabs with moments, progress and stats after game. Some of them could be combined.

• It's too silent during games. Some announcer or ambient music would be very nice addition.

• Damage bonus should be available to pick up right after the box was destroyed.
      I saw many times when player destroyed the box, then turn around and go before that bonus damage pickup appeared, probably with thought he already get this bonus.

• Bonus damage effect should be more visible on character. It's hard to tell which enemy or ally currently has it or still my character has it.

• Other kind of bonuses on the map? Defense bonus, speed bonus, full regeneration etc.

• Add some minigames or toys at respawn point. Waiting 1 minute before game start is quite boring.

• Visual effect that shows healing effect and invulnerability at respawn point.

• Possibility to save best moment of the game.

• Possibility to watch gamestats after game.

Characters:

Buttercup

All in all, a good flexible tank. Just two things I would like to change:

• If I want to finish a combo of basic attacks by using the very fast Launch charge at a minimum distance, this does not always work. I don’t know why, but when holding the attack button after the last basic attack, Buttercup sometimes does not respond and does not start charging Launch.

• Turbo Charged seems a lot weaker than Burnout. Because in most cases, Burnout helps to save / turn the tide of the fight + does good damage in a large area. While Turbo Charged, although increases damage, but at the same time, to effectivley use it you need to try very hard and often I do even less damage than in one Burnout usage. In addition, a small Turbo Charged bonus to Buttercup health works worse than stunning an area with Burnout and escaping to the nearest healthpack or support. I think Turbo Charged could give a greater health bonus, which would decrease over the duration of the ability. Perhaps then they would be equal in strength, but so far in 9 out of 10 cases I prefer Burnout.

• Could add some graphic effect when Buttercup is healed from Burl? I think very few people notice this effect until they read the description of the ability and remember it.

• It seemed to me or Buttercup can not be interrupted when she is in the form of a "motorcycle"?
      If so then this is cool.

Cass

Probably the most difficult character for me so far, although I even managed to be extremely effective a couple of times. At first Cass seemed very weak due to the low damage of basic attacks and Rake, as well as abilities + very quickly evaporating health. Later, I set the implant to + 7.5% damage from basic attacks and took the "beat and run" tactic as a basis, which made the character better. Some things nevertheless remained incomprehensible:

• The Rake kick combination is very easy to interrupt. Almost any melee opponent, by pressing the basic attack button, immediately interrupts my combo from Rake and starts combo from basic attacks vice versa to me. And this is without using any parry. I don’t know if this is a bug or a feature, but it seemed unfair to me that, having seized the moment to conduct the Rake series, with my already frail character, I risk simply being killed if the enemy just presses the basic attack button. It was much easier to continue to spam my basic attack from afar and not to use Rake, which I did almost ceasing to use it.

• Charge Jump resets the Momentum effect. I just don’t like it, because the meaning of this dynamic character is lost then. At the same time, Charge Jump does not allow you to jump forward, but only strengthens the jump up as well as jump-pads. But jump-pads, unlike Charge Jump, do not reset Momentum.

• Sometimes Swoop works very strange. The character sometimes jumps to a locked enemy and sometimes towards the direction of movement. I still did not have time to understand, or I am doing something wrong or something is working wrong. In any case, this has caused many deaths that could have been avoided. I had no such problems with Shift Daemon.

• Dive Bomb stun effect seems to be working incorrectly. I had some very obvious cases when the enemy was not stunned at all, being within the radius of the AoE ability, albeit not in the very center.

Daemon

He seemed too strong at the beginning. Huge damage and an extremely fast combination of basic attacks simply did not leave any chances for support and fighters with low health reserves. But later, opponents and allies also learned to press buttons and he moved from the OPAF category to “a little stronger than it should.” I didn’t have any problems with his abilities, only sometimes Wall Jump and Stealth didn’t work or they worked with a delay.

El Bastardo

As for me, the most tenacious tank of all and very easy to use. I also had no problems with him, the only thing left unclear is whether Empower does damage to the closest enemies or not? If so, this could be emphasized with some graphic effect?

Gizmo

Like Daemon, she traveled from "OPAF" to "a little stronger than it should." Mainly because at first day opponents ignored me, and I easily shot 15k damage per match.
    With the work of her abilities everything is clear too, but a few changes still come to mind.

• Bouncer could be placed a little further from the character. Because usually you have to put it on the go, and then I try to use Evade on it to jump into the distance, and not just in height. But because of this, the character usually already manages to take a step towards the Bouncer, then my Evade does not have enough distance to trigger the long jump.

• Mini Mech has too huge fuel supply. In fact, every time I used this ability, I just clamped the flamethrower button and the fuel ran out around the same time as the Mini Mech action time. I don’t see the need to use the Mini Mech basic attack, because the flamethrower does much more damage. Maybe only to interrupt someone hoverboard or delivery from afar, where flamethrower can't reach.

Kulev

Just Coolev. The one who came up with Bamboozle is just a genius. I haven’t had so much fun since palying as priest in World of Warcraft.
    The character was extremely effective in my performance, but allies or opponents did not always succeed in repeating it, so I do not know whether to consider him "OPAF".

• The Allies seem to understand poorly when they are affected by the Boon effect, perhaps it should be emphasize somehow more expressively.

• I WANT TO BE ABLE TO START EMOTIONS DURING BAMBOOZLE
      I WANT TO WAVE TO MY OPPONENT AS FAREWELL BEFORE JUMP OFF HIM FROM THE CLIFF.

Maeve

Granny, like Cass at first, seemed very weak to me. Mainly due to extremely low damage and the slow rate of basic attack. This is actually tickling. But later I started using Siphon Life when the enemy has little health to reset the coolodowns and she become more effective. Yet she remains too unstable in terms of damage. Sometimes it's just a grandmother who tickles you with her Zap! and Peek-a-Brew! and cannot finish off anyone to drop coolodowns and start doing normal damage. And sometimes it’s a real grandmaggeddon that annihilates one opponent after another, falling into the stream of finishing moves or with one successful use of Toil and Trouble. In a word, huge random.
    Perhaps if the allies learn to leave low health opponents to finish, Maeve will be very strong, but I would not expect for this in quick play.

Makutu

The most difficult to master tank seemed to me very funny. Although it is difficult for him to deal as much damage as El Bastardo due to the slow speed of basic attacks, he nevertheless scatters opponents well away from support.
    The only comment is that Katamaori! does not inflict any significant damage, but simply duplicates the repulsive effect of the main abilities. This made Can't touch us! more efficient choice instead of Katamaori!, which is rather a fun but not too useful ability. Even if you use it to escape, Can't touch us! + Pepeke Stance (because Ora Stance does not make sense when you and the team are invulnerable) will allow you to escape no worse, and at the same time it gives a bonus to allies. My vote for Katamaori Damage Bonus!

Miko

Extremely strong support. I was turning out to be almost invulnerable for the whole match. The very short cooldown Chain Heal + very large Kinetic Shield health makes the Miko more durable than tanks. I saw a rocket hit the Kinetic Shield on the Boneyard and there was about half of it health left.

Nidhoggr

I played him least of all and I can’t say much. He simply thrashes everyone with his huge damage guitar and melts the tanks like marshmallows.

ZeroCool

And his "OPAF" Recharge, which seems to heal no worse than the superpowers of Miko Life Force. I had only a few inconveniences with him.

• When trying to quickly put the Firewall manually, its marker sometimes appeared somewhere outside the radius of the camera. I don’t even know where it was and I had to cancel the ability and start placing again. The same thing happens periodically with Sacred Ground and Suka, so I think this is more likely a common problem with such AoE effects.

• I think I achieved 0 effectiveness in hitting 1 Up to the ally that I was aiming at. In fact, I never give 1 Up to the ally that I intended.

Bugs:

• Maeve Liphe Siphon sound on killcam can destroy your ears.

• If allied Daemon dies during his voiceover it will start a deathscream that can also destroy your ears.

• Once i launched Gizmo Rocket and was stuned at same moment. Sound of Rocket was still playing but my character was in normal state.

• Can't move character with stats tab open.

• If you hold stats tab open button, it will block your controls for that amount of activations.

• @FURI9646

Overall game is very fun and highly addicitive. For me as a player of moba's and heroshooters, Bleeding Edge is mixing all dreams together. It's taking all the best from both genres but removing frustrating oneshots and camping shooter elements as do timewasting farming and leveling moba elements.

This but like x100, this game has basically everything I've been wanting in a MOBA like game for a while now.

• Damage bonus should be available to pick up right after the box was destroyed.

Seconded. A lot of quality of life improvements, like a better and more active announcer, will likely come with time, but I'm worried that this will go neglected.

Buttercup

• If I want to finish a combo of basic attacks by using the very fast Launch charge at a minimum distance, this does not always work.
    • Turbo Charged seems a lot weaker than Burnout.

I made a suggestions post as well where I talk about some of the exact same things. My thought with Turbo Charged would be to increase her melee reach, since it's pretty short, and/or increase her stamina regeneration during this time. This would let her actually take advantage of the buffs provided in that somewhat short duration.

Cass
    Later, I set the implant to + 7.5% damage from basic attacks and took the "beat and run" tactic as a basis, which made the character better.

• The Rake kick combination is very easy to interrupt.

Are you saying Rake doesn't cause the enemy to flinch? On Buttercup and Makutu that makes sense, but it should work on everyone else except for when they have a shield up. As a result, El Bastardo and anyone Kulev shields become difficult to flinch as well. But if it doesn't make enemies flinch at any other time, then it sounds like a bug.

My usual strategy is to use your Hybrid nature to always do the opposite of what the enemy is doing. Are they Melee? Kite and ranged attacks like you were saying. Are they Ranged? Rake then melee them. Your high mobility and flexibility gives you the opportunity to always be the bane of the target's strategy.

• Charge Jump resets the Momentum effect.

I'm pretty certain you're wrong about this, as I tested that. As long as you're moving forward, any jump doesn't reset Momentum. Maybe I can find a video clip as proof instead of just saying it though lol.

• Sometimes Swoop works very strange.

From my understanding, it's ALWAYS in the direction you're pointing the joystick in, but if you're pointing somewhere close to the same direction as your locked on target you will be corrected to aim directly at them. So even though the Swoop is usually a horizontal dash, you can get an angle down or up on locked on targets by pointing at them. But you use keyboard and mouse so... maybe it's different for you?

• Dive Bomb stun effect seems to be working incorrectly. I had some very obvious cases when the enemy was not stunned at all, being within the radius of the AoE ability, albeit not in the very center.

That's exactly what it does. The center ring damages and stuns, the outer ring just damages. I'm all for increasing its radius slightly though! And perhaps making its actual activation slightly faster.

El Bastardo
    As for me, the most tenacious tank of all and very easy to use. I also had no problems with him, the only thing left unclear is whether Empower does damage to the closest enemies or not? If so, this could be emphasized with some graphic effect?

It does and yes, the graphic should be more dramatic.

Gizmo

• Mini Mech has too huge fuel supply. In fact, every time I used this ability, I just clamped the flamethrower button and the fuel ran out around the same time as the Mini Mech action time.

I usually had around ~3s where I was out of fuel but the mini mech was still up. Did you have a mod to increase the fuel amount? I will say that the benefit of the gun while in the mech is its higher range for fleeing targets, but yes the flamethrower is far stronger.

Kulev

• I WANT TO BE ABLE TO START EMOTIONS DURING BAMBOOZLE
      I WANT TO WAVE TO MY OPPONENT AS FAREWELL BEFORE JUMP OFF HIM FROM THE CLIFF.

Correction, I want to be able to force my bamboozled target to use THEIR emote while mind controlled!!! They'll do a little dance as my team whacks them or as the train comes. 10/10 would recommend.

ZeroCool

• When trying to quickly put the Firewall manually, its marker sometimes appeared somewhere outside the radius of the camera. I don’t even know where it was and I had to cancel the ability and start placing again. The same thing happens periodically with Sacred Ground and Suka, so I think this is more likely a common problem with such AoE effects.

There is some bugs with the wall, and its hitbox for what it considers as blocking for placement is a little too big, making placing it in doorways and corridors pretty bad. Sucka has a different problem, but it's not a bug per se. Gizmo "lobs" the grenade right? Well if the lobbed grenade path would hit a wall or ceiling, it won't let you place the Sucka there, so low ceilings give the impression that you can't move its placement around. Seems like a strange limitation to have though, and I'd say they shouldn't bother with that and just use line of sight.

Great post my man! For some of the ones I didn't reply to, if it helps, Maeve and Kulev are largely considered the strongest while Makutu is often seen as the weakest (but he's likely due for a buff based on what the devs have said).

• Agreed, they need to see this

• Hi @FURI9646. Thanks for taking the time to give us such thoughtful and detailed feedback. We read through all the posts and take all the feedback on board, and this type of stuff is invaluable to us when planning on how we can improve and tune Bleeding Edge for the future, so thank you!

• Hey!

Thanks for the feedback!

As an animator on the project I’m so sorry there were some issues there. Hopefully we can resolve the issues you had, and you’ll be able to experience it the way we intended 🙂

Again, thanks for taking the time to write this up! Emotes during bamboozle is something I didn’t think about btw, very interesting idea!

• @Evade-This5965

Are you saying Rake doesn't cause the enemy to flinch? On Buttercup and Makutu that makes sense, but it should work on everyone else except for when they have a shield up. As a result, El Bastardo and anyone Kulev shields become difficult to flinch as well. But if it doesn't make enemies flinch at any other time, then it sounds like a bug.

I mean when Cass starts Rake combo to melee oponent (it's look like spamming Q Q Q Q on keyboard) and if her oponent, at any time during this, just press once his basic attack buton - it will immideatly breaks Cass Rake combo even if oponent character was flinched and he will be able to start his own basic attacks combo instead. This happened to me few times, against El Bastardo for sure.

I'm pretty certain you're wrong about this, as I tested that. As long as you're moving forward, any jump doesn't reset Momentum. Maybe I can find a video clip as proof instead of just saying it though lol.

Maybe that happened to me because of implant +30% Momentum gain speed. I mean this Cass special super high jump if you hold jump buton for few seconds.

That's exactly what it does. The center ring damages and stuns, the outer ring just damages. I'm all for increasing its radius slightly though! And perhaps making its actual activation slightly faster.

Maybe border of inner AoE circle was not so precise with oponent's characters colliders.

Correction, I want to be able to force my bamboozled target to use THEIR emote while mind controlled!!! They'll do a little dance as my team whacks them or as the train comes. 10/10 would recommend.

I thought about that first, but then i realized it will be unfair if will work in that way.
    For example you bamboozled enemy and starts his emote dance 1 second before effect of bamboozle will end. After 1 second oponent regains control of his character but his character still emoting and he can't stop this and start kicking you.
    But putting your own character at risk by using emote - seems completly fair to me 🙂

@fLabB0 You're welcome.
    @TwangyGuitar193 I didn't had problems with animations. Actually animations are quite awesome, you did a great job!

• @FURI9646

if her oponent, at any time during this, just press once his basic attack buton - it will immideatly breaks Cass Rake combo even if oponent character was flinched and he will be able to start his own basic attacks combo instead.

That makes some sense against El Bastardo, but unless they're evading first to break combo or being shielded it shouldn't happen! Pauses in the combo may be enough to turn tides, but that sounds like there's something wrong with Cass' Rake ability. Maybe it has too long of a break between parts of its combo? Doesn't cause the normal amount of flinch? I wish I could use the dojo and test it because it sounds like a bug.

Maybe that happened to me because of implant +30% Momentum gain speed. I mean this Cass special super high jump if you hold jump buton for few seconds.

Yes the Charge Jump is what I'm referring to as well as normal jumps. I never used that mod, so it might be a bugged interaction.

I thought about that first, but then i realized it will be unfair if will work in that way.

I considered that too but I'd hope the devs would just make it so the emote breaks when the mind control does. But it DOES make more sense to be using your own emote lol.