LEAVER PENALTY GREAT AND TERRIBLE

• I love this game already so much, and you've got my full support. Can't wait to see where it goes and understand that there is bits. My only massive problem so far is, that while the leaver penalty system is awesome, it SUCKS that I have to do 3 games with no rewards just because my controller died and I couldn't replace the battery in time, or the game crashes and it counts me as a leaver. This is a serious problem and if I have to play for almost an hour with no rewards when I've never actually abandoned a game is infuriating. It's a waste of grinding time to not pull rewards, especially when the current cosmetics purchase are expensive and not super special when it comes to skins and the currency comes SLOW in comparison. Please adjust this, either with a strike system per day or a system that recognizes if you've been disconnected or the game crashes, and a longer afk window by even 15 seconds. I wasn't even away from my controller for 45 seconds before I was dcd and penaltied. And now I don't want to keep playing atm because it seems pointless.

• @The-Godbunny I personally think it's great cause even if it counts you as a leaver when you actually didn't leave you only have to play 3 matches, it happened to me during the first beta, and it was ok.

• My only massive problem so far is, that while the leaver penalty system is awesome, it SUCKS that I have to do 3 games with no rewards just because my controller died and I couldn't replace the battery in time, or the game crashes and it counts me as a leaver.

Such are the dangers of automated systems (though the game crashing one definitely needs to be looked at). Not that vote kick is much better with party biases and ignorance.

This is a serious problem and if I have to play for almost an hour with no rewards when I've never actually abandoned a game is infuriating.

I can understand that. On the plus side, you get to play for another hour!

It's a waste of grinding time to not pull rewards, especially when the current cosmetics purchase are expensive and not super special when it comes to skins and the currency comes SLOW in comparison.

I don't find it a waste of time because playing the game itself is hugely fun. However for those who do care more for end of match goodies, either the rewards go up to meet the already high prices for OK-at-best cosmetics or the price of them comes down. This is one of the arguments for the game going free-to-play, in that one could have a cash shop filled to the brim and takes the sting out of progression loss.

I suppose the devs could keep reducing the rewards you get per leave, each percentage increasing back to the default the more games you complete.

Please adjust this, either with a strike system per day or a system that recognizes if you've been disconnected or the game crashes, and a longer afk window by even 15 seconds.

All of these are fine suggestions, though I'm not a fan of the strike-per-day system as it's not like the rewards are so good that people can't just wait until the following day's reset or after 24 hours of cooling off. Plus that's a big risk with a game that already has its work cut out for it to maintain a healthy playerbase.

I wasn't even away from my controller for 45 seconds before I was dcd and penaltied. And now I don't want to keep playing atm because it seems pointless.

That seems fine to me but the problems come from when others were away for 46 seconds and complain, and then 47 and complain, and then 48, until they were away just one second after the next penalty, and the one after that. The developers have the unenviable task of having to balance the needs of the many (the three in the match trying to win against four) versus the few that leave for whatever reasons. Problems on Ninja Theory and Microsoft's end should not punish the player, but unless they're willing to put aside a lot of priorities to help their kick system discern between problems on their end and the user, it's probably going to stay the way it is.

• @The-Godbunny said in LEAVER PENALTY GREAT AND TERRIBLE:

I love this game already so much, and you've got my full support. Can't wait to see where it goes and understand that there is bits. My only massive problem so far is, that while the leaver penalty system is awesome, it SUCKS that I have to do 3 games with no rewards just because my controller died and I couldn't replace the battery in time, or the game crashes and it counts me as a leaver. This is a serious problem and if I have to play for almost an hour with no rewards when I've never actually abandoned a game is infuriating. It's a waste of grinding time to not pull rewards, especially when the current cosmetics purchase are expensive and not super special when it comes to skins and the currency comes SLOW in comparison. Please adjust this, either with a strike system per day or a system that recognizes if you've been disconnected or the game crashes, and a longer afk window by even 15 seconds. I wasn't even away from my controller for 45 seconds before I was dcd and penaltied. And now I don't want to keep playing atm because it seems pointless.

They have killed the game off with adding a leaver penalty, as the current state of the game there should be no leaver penalty at all. as the games a lag fest. The stabilty of the game is more a joke.

There is a good game here, but they already have done the worst thing they could of done. Release it unfinished.