So afraid for this game...

• @IxIThe-Robin

hmm maybe splatoon 1 is a more accurate game to compare it to then, but still not SOT.

"Yeah the game is "little" and just starting but when people (reviewers, players) compare it with the content in Overwatch or Paladins, BE will be punished. Maybe is not fair the comparison but trust me it will happen."

i think people will compare it to overwatch and find it refreshing. it will probs be good for the game to be compared to overwatch. what does overwatch have that bleeding edge doesnt? more characters? well overwatch only has 1 new character, bleeding edge has 12 new characters. bleeding edge also adds a new playstyle. third person mele, rather than first person shooting. i think people will find it super refreshing and interesting. much more interesting than a game they have been playing for years and years.

now with splatoon, i just think it wasnt that interesting. plus it lacked content. splatoon 2 had enough content for it to do alright despite not being that interesting.

"I don't really know for sure but 5 maps, 2 modes and 12 characters? I hope Ninja Theory have more and update the game with more content like SoT or splat."

i feel like this kind of multiplayer game can survive a long time without constant updates. like overwatch wich will get a character around every 4 months.

even SOT is still alive although we have been talking about it. it recently got reviewed by ign again (not that they are accurate) but im sure its a good rating. SOT has become a good game and i certainly wouldnt call it dead.

Maybe Xbox Game Pass is the best for Bleeding Edge

and it is on game pass what you mean are you now saying it will be fine cause its so easily accessible. cheaper than overwatch?

Really? The beta with 2 maps

there are 4 maps

also il just say the content sea of thieves was lacking was content it needed to make it interesting.

what makes games like bleeding edge good isnt more skins, the main thing is battleing other players. its not as content heavy reliant.

thats just how games are, dif games rely on dif things. what kinda mmo is good when it lacks missions.

what kinda RPG is good with no role play elements. ya know.

bleeding edge is a battle game, and it has battles, a variety of them, in multile modes, with multiple characters on multiple maps. i think it will do fine.

"About OW. It does not have hero customization on gameplay, but it has a lot of characters, all of them feels unique and it has a lot of maps, modes, skins, etc."

as for modes, who really plays more than just quickplay and comp. the other modes are hardly played in comparison. also alot of people tend to chose mains in overwatch because the shooter aspect has soo much variety. you dont ever see people playing all the characters, only a small few. in bleeding edge, something is different, all the characters are fun to play and seem well ballanced.

"The other two liked it but they play fortnite, cod mw, apex, etc. Those games gets an update almost every 2 weeks so I am not sure if my friends will leave them for BE."

they already play so many games, whats 1 more gonna do. especially if they like it.

"I will invite my friends again, but I really think that a battle pass would be perfect to keep players coming"

i agree a battlepass would lock people in, but only temporarily. i dont think the game is completely ready for a battlepass yet though. lets give it some more time for it to gain more content in the game, before we start making people play 20 hours a day to unlock tier 100.

• @Omid-RG Yeah, I like the combat, it is weird in a good way.

• @D4m0R3d said in So afraid for this game...:

@IxIThe-Robin

hmm maybe splatoon 1 is a more accurate game to compare it to then, but still not SOT.

"Yeah the game is "little" and just starting but when people (reviewers, players) compare it with the content in Overwatch or Paladins, BE will be punished. Maybe is not fair the comparison but trust me it will happen."

i think people will compare it to overwatch and find it refreshing. it will probs be good for the game to be compared to overwatch. what does overwatch have that bleeding edge doesnt? more characters? well overwatch only has 1 new character, bleeding edge has 12 new characters. bleeding edge also adds a new playstyle. third person mele, rather than first person shooting. i think people will find it super refreshing and interesting. much more interesting than a game they have been playing for years and years.

now with splatoon, i just think it wasnt that interesting. plus it lacked content. splatoon 2 had enough content for it to do alright despite not being that interesting.

"I don't really know for sure but 5 maps, 2 modes and 12 characters? I hope Ninja Theory have more and update the game with more content like SoT or splat."

i feel like this kind of multiplayer game can survive a long time without constant updates. like overwatch wich will get a character around every 4 months.

even SOT is still alive although we have been talking about it. it recently got reviewed by ign again (not that they are accurate) but im sure its a good rating. SOT has become a good game and i certainly wouldnt call it dead.

Maybe Xbox Game Pass is the best for Bleeding Edge

and it is on game pass what you mean are you now saying it will be fine cause its so easily accessible. cheaper than overwatch?

Really? The beta with 2 maps

there are 4 maps

also il just say the content sea of thieves was lacking was content it needed to make it interesting.

what makes games like bleeding edge good isnt more skins, the main thing is battleing other players. its not as content heavy reliant.

thats just how games are, dif games rely on dif things. what kinda mmo is good when it lacks missions.

what kinda RPG is good with no role play elements. ya know.

bleeding edge is a battle game, and it has battles, a variety of them, in multile modes, with multiple characters on multiple maps. i think it will do fine.

"About OW. It does not have hero customization on gameplay, but it has a lot of characters, all of them feels unique and it has a lot of maps, modes, skins, etc."

as for modes, who really plays more than just quickplay and comp. the other modes are hardly played in comparison. also alot of people tend to chose mains in overwatch because the shooter aspect has soo much variety. you dont ever see people playing all the characters, only a small few. in bleeding edge, something is different, all the characters are fun to play and seem well ballanced.

"The other two liked it but they play fortnite, cod mw, apex, etc. Those games gets an update almost every 2 weeks so I am not sure if my friends will leave them for BE."

they already play so many games, whats 1 more gonna do. especially if they like it.

"I will invite my friends again, but I really think that a battle pass would be perfect to keep players coming"

i agree a battlepass would lock people in, but only temporarily. i dont think the game is completely ready for a battlepass yet though. lets give it some more time for it to gain more content in the game, before we start making people play 20 hours a day to unlock tier 100.

Thank you for your answer.
    You are right in almost everything, I hope that BE will get a lot of players.
    And I hope that my friends like it, games like this are more fun with friends

• @IxIThe-Robin

yea all games are better with friends, but these games specifically due to team work

• @Votre-Daron This game is so laggy its literally unplayable i get kicked out matches because im lagging so bad and I have 200 mbs down and 50 mbps up

• @Nppl

what country you from?

• @Nppl

It depends on the country your from, and I believe they're trying to fix this issue, although not very sure.

• @Votre-Daron ...It is heavily inspired by overwatch. I have played overwatch for many days and I can assure you the devs have as well. I don't like Blizzard anymore though so I hope this game grabs some more overwatch players.

• @Nppl Same. They need to fix lag and unlock fps like yesterday.

• @LuckierNut said in So afraid for this game...:

@Votre-Daron ...It is heavily inspired by overwatch. I have played overwatch for many days and I can assure you the devs have as well. I don't like Blizzard anymore though so I hope this game grabs some more overwatch players.

I play Overwatch so I tried BE. I liked it and while BE is a good game, it certainly has a lot of issues, I guess that all the talk BE-OW is not doing a favor to this game, the reviews are bad in general, even the reviews from players. I guess a lot of people were expecting a lot of BE (like me), but it is not a huge proyect.
    I played with mi friends 3 times now and they did not liked the game

• @LuckierNut

lol i have played overwatch for many years and i can assure you that overwatch isnt the only of its kind. there is paladins, overwatch, battleborn, and the OG TF2.

the devs originally intended the game to be like League and Dota. that kind of moba style game, but then it turned into a for honour kinda pvp objective based 3rd person fighter. while they may have been inspired by overwatch, i wouldnt say they were heavily inspired by overwatch

@IxIThe-Robin

"the reviews are bad in general, even the reviews from players. I guess a lot of people were expecting a lot of BE"

the reviews are mostly positive. only 25 percent negative reviews wich is really good for a new game like this. so what are you on about lol? you talking about overwatch reviews?

and what do you mean alot of people were expecting a lot of BE? do you mean people where expecting alot from bleeding edge?

why didnt your friends like the game?

• @D4m0R3d said in So afraid for this game...:

@LuckierNut

lol i have played overwatch for many years and i can assure you that overwatch isnt the only of its kind. there is paladins, overwatch, battleborn, and the OG TF2.

the devs originally intended the game to be like League and Dota. that kind of moba style game, but then it turned into a for honour kinda pvp objective based 3rd person fighter. while they may have been inspired by overwatch, i wouldnt say they were heavily inspired by overwatch

@IxIThe-Robin

"the reviews are bad in general, even the reviews from players. I guess a lot of people were expecting a lot of BE"

the reviews are mostly positive. only 25 percent negative reviews wich is really good for a new game like this. so what are you on about lol? you talking about overwatch reviews?

and what do you mean alot of people were expecting a lot of BE? do you mean people where expecting alot from bleeding edge?

why didnt your friends like the game?

Hey man, aye you a developer of Bleeding Edge? I always see you defending the game in everything.
    I think that 69/100 in Metacritic is not really good but ok.
    And 2 of my friends said that BE feels slow and it is boring to go chasing an enemy who is just running. Also they said BE has a lot of lag because on 3 matches we were like teleporting for a few frames and the enemys too.
    And one of my friends don't like this kind of games, I told him that this was not a hero shoter and he tried but he did not liked (he also hates ow and paladins).

• @LuckierNut
    No it comes more from a moba background than a shooter, and for me has nothing to do with overwatch except characters and capture the objective.

• @IxIThe-Robin
    No just what bothers me is that this game is getting the "overwatch clone" label, when it's not at all.

• @Votre-Daron said in So afraid for this game...:

@IxIThe-Robin
    No just what bothers me is that this game is getting the "overwatch clone" label, when it's not at all.

But people say that as a way to describe Bleeding Edge right?. Yeah, it is not a clone, and the truth is that OW is not the first hero shoter (and BE is not a hero shoter).

• My questions are why did they sell BE with basically no interesting skins, a rather slow progression rate (at a F2P pace), Small amount of emotes, and overall quirky melee system. This was an easy F2P download but well OW didnt go f2p so yeah. Im trying to get my friend on this but its a struggle.
    This game reminds me of SpaceLords, lotta quirky designs but nothing cool to grab those who need that visual hook. I think Daemon the only one.

• @Votre-Daron the game has way too much flavor to be a overwatch clown. It has an identity of its own and its super solid imo. I love the modding system etc. This is a 3rd person brawler done right. Just needs more modes and consistent expansions.

• @Mrgameplayerx said in So afraid for this game...:

My questions are why did they sell BE with basically no interesting skins, a rather slow progression rate (at a F2P pace), Small amount of emotes, and overall quirky melee system. This was an easy F2P download but well OW didnt go f2p so yeah. Im trying to get my friend on this but its a struggle.
    This game reminds me of SpaceLords, lotta quirky designs but nothing cool to grab those who need that visual hook. I think Daemon the only one.

I definitely think the earn rate of gold after each match should be increased significantly. However in regards to why there are limited cosmetic options, you have to keep in mind there are no microtransactions.

I would love for them to add cooler looking skins instead of recolors (which i think they’re going to do soon) but they also aren’t going to make any money off of those skins because there are no loot boxes/direct purchases for real money

So i think they correctly decided to focus on gameplay and content before focusing on cosmetics

• @LuckierNut It's more something near brawl stars than overwatch, I've played overwatch for 2 years "quit it cause it's the worst game somone could play these days" but the only thing that makes me go "overwatch" about this are the fact that there's characters.

• @CAPO-9 People just can't go in depth with BE infortunately.