MAKE MODS INTERESTING?

• Current mods outside of a few dont really change gameplay at all, very small buffs that are hardly noticable,

Different ways to remedy the boring mods, either giving them huge buffs, introduce new mods with better effects that actually entice gameplay, or having a "legendary" tier of mods that affect the game play way more than current ones do.

This will prevent the game from going stale quickly and help keep the meta fresh as long as there is a decent variety amongst mods.

Here are a few examples of the current mods VS Some random mods i came up with (for makuto cause hes my fav <3)

A).Current mod-increase wall stun duration by 0.25s = ♥♥♥♥ing boring

B).Basic attacks deal 7.5% more dmg... ♥♥♥♥ing boring.

C).Interesting mod that varies up game play. (For Makuto) also pick up allies with BARGE. Allies slammed into a wall are healed for (???)

D).Interesting mod that varies up game play (for makuto) Increase dmg of BARGE when slamming multiple enemies into a wall. (should be pretty impressive numbers imo, 20-50% based on number of enemies)

Lets us make our own playstyles and form our own characters essentially.

Currently i dont see the point in half of the available mods, if you want to keep the game fresh expand the current mod system and introduce new mods via updates.

(ALSO, Would like to see some fun mods people would like to see in the game. so comment them down below if you want.)

• @TandemMass6839
    i disagree with you. i find mods pretty interesting.

for example "in your face" on elbastarrdo "enemies hit by leap of faith deal 20% reduced damage for 3 seconds. thats a pretty good and interesting mod. this combod with "death from above" "increase leap of faith damage by 25%" changes your play style to be more aggressive and focusing on that ability. then you go and add "sjort circuit" "increase empower damage by 50%" and you have a pretty aggressive playstyle/ build. or you could go the defensive route. and blah blah you get my point.

is your complaint only with certain specific characters?

cause i guess you are right about makutos at least from what you say. 0.25s is not very good. 7.5 dmg is alright.

have you looked at all the rest of his mods that you dont have unlocked?

also you suggested a mod that allows makuto to slam allies into walls and ehhh sounds lame to me no offence, but why make the mod work that way when it could just use his actual team heal ability?? why not have a mod that buffs how much heals allies get when makuto uses his ora stance. putting heals on charge is a waste of an ability and would still make that mod not so good. a mod on his ora stance would be way more effective. but i wouldnt be suprised if there is a mod on that already. (after checking the mod list. this basically is a mod already.)

"D).Interesting mod that varies up game play (for makuto) Increase dmg of BARGE when slamming multiple enemies into a wall. (should be pretty impressive numbers imo, 20-50% based on number of enemies)"

this is already a mod. "backbreaker" the second mod in his mod list.

you can look at and buy mods that you dont own, it still tells you the details even though you dont own them.

• @D4m0R3d

"I disagree with you. i find mods pretty interesting."
    -what is interesting about flat percentage increases?

"For example "in your face" on elbastarrdo "enemies hit by leap of faith deal 20% reduced damage for 3 seconds. thats a pretty good and interesting mod. this combod with "death from above" "increase leap of faith damage by 25%" changes your play style to be more aggressive and focusing on that ability."

-Small increases like this are not interesting and dont offer much. also, "el bastarrdo" play style is to always jump in, that is his kit. the mods arent changing that in the slightest. i agree there are a few mods that do make you think abit more about how you play, but in the end nothing changes playstyle too much, some might slightly alter how your dmg comes out. but nothing will change anything more than that.

"Is your complaint only with certain specific characters?"
    -Every character.

"Cause i guess you are right about makutos at least from what you say. 0.25s is not very good. 7.5 dmg is alright."
    -Most characters have a basic attack increase mod. i think only miko has one that goes above 15% (dont quote me on that) most others have a 7.5% increase. im not arguing the effectiveness of the CURRENT mods, just how fun they come out to be. they dont alter gameplay at all.

"Have you looked at all the rest of his mods that you dont have unlocked?"
    -Have raked through pretty much all of them.

"Also you suggested a mod that allows makuto to slam allies into walls and ehhh sounds lame to me no offence,"
    -This was just an idea to make something function in a different way. i understand it sounds eh, but the idea was to make makuto not only think about charging enemes, but also barging allies out of danger and possibly heal them. make up your own and you will see how much potential a game like this has if a little effort was put in.

""D).Interesting mod that varies up game play (for makuto) Increase dmg of BARGE when slamming multiple enemies into a wall. (should be pretty impressive numbers imo, 20-50% based on number of enemies)" this is already a mod. "backbreaker" the second mod in his mod list."

• As ive said before, flat increases are not exciting at all. youve missed the point of the made up mod. " Increase dmg of BARGE when SLAMMING MULTIPLE enemies into a wall." The point of this mod is to reward makuto for landing big charges with more dmg that scales with amount of enemies picked up, the dmg for the made up mod should be way higher though like 100%-200% scaling with number of people picked up. I use makutos extra dmg for barge and its hardly noticeable, same for his extra stun duration. but i digress.

"you can look at and buy mods that you dont own, it still tells you the details even though you dont own them."
    -i know.

• I agree, but still the game has just came out ! I'm sure there will be changes to the mod section because as you said, there is nothing interesting about increasing damage of an ability by 10% which nobody even uses it for damaging purposes ! (hightail for example)

The best mods are the ones that reward players for their skills, or encourage certain play styles. Take Nidhoggr for example. He has the mod which allows him to reduce the cooldown of powerslide for each enemy hit by 1 second. Not only this ability is a solid aoe damage, but also a decent mobility. A skilled player can easily use this mod to shred enemies with multiple powerslide, or using it as a backup for escaping. Or take Cass for instance. Her swoosh can be used as a dive move or escape move. If there is no counter for her, she can use a loadout with a card which grants her damage buff shortly after using swoosh, or if there are counters, she needs to use a loadout with increased swoosh distance. Different play styles, keep the game fresh.

• @TandemMass6839

"what is interesting about flat percentage increases?"
    like i said they can change the way you can play. you have more leeway. like my example. also isnt that exactly what one of your suggestions was. oh the percentage changes based on the amount of peopel there. that sound op. unless you are trying to 1v4, so would it reduce that percentage when your teamates are there. pfft even still just send him in as a one man army and after hes done his damage go in after. nah man idk how that kinda mod would work with ballance. the only way it would work is if it had a miniscule effect untill you had 4 people around but then "Small increases like this are not interesting and dont offer much". why would you pick a mod thats only good sometimes vs a mod thats always good.

" also, "el bastarrdo" play style is to always jump in, that is his kit. the mods arent changing that in the slightest."

i mean that it makes it so you can be morreeee aggressive. you will kill people faster and thereby take less dmg. this kinda kit is good for soloing people out. for team fights you want a more defensive kit. wich would use more defensive mods.

"i agree there are a few mods that do make you think abit more about how you play, but in the end nothing changes playstyle too much, some might slightly alter how your dmg comes out. but nothing will change anything more than that."

daemons and maeve have some mods that i specifically use for the cell game mode and only that mode. i think that demonstrates that it changes your playstyle right? for example maeve invis, il put mods on that to make it last longer, and me move faster, anything to make it so i can evade well while i have cells. with this mod loadout my playstyle is always about evading and escaping untill we are in a team fight wich im way weaker for battles and am relying on my teamates, but in the end i will be able to maybe pick of one or two people, grab there cells and get out till i can sell that shit. same with daemon.

" i think only miko has one that goes above 15% (dont quote me on that)"

i know kulev gets a 15% increase, its probs got something to do with there roles ( yes i quoted you on that sorry )

"This was just an idea to make something function in a different way. i understand it sounds eh, but the idea was to make makuto not only think about charging enemes, but also barging allies out of danger and possibly heal them."

yea idk bro i think it would kinda annoy people, even if it helps. like say im fighting someone and all of a sudden he comes in and tackles me out of danger, well coool mate you saved me but i probs coulda left myself. i mean it might work in proper teams where people are all friends.

"As ive said before, flat increases are not exciting at all. youve missed the point of the made up mod. " Increase dmg of BARGE when SLAMMING MULTIPLE enemies into a wall." The point of this mod is to reward makuto for landing big charges with more dmg that scales with amount of enemies picked up, the dmg for the made up mod should be way higher though like 100%-200% scaling with number of people picked up. I use makutos extra dmg for barge and its hardly noticeable, same for his extra stun duration. but i digress."

hmmmmm i really dont know how i feel about this one. one part of me says this is fucking sick, but then the other part says should makuto really be able to deal this much damage from just one attack? i mean it isnt an ultimate. maybe if this was an ultimate yea, but just an ability he can use every 10 or how ever many seconds it is idk dude. maybe the downside of this mod is that he can only use it every 30 seconds. but then idk if i would want to use it cause it stops you from using it and you might just fuck it up. idk if it was an ult i think this would be amazing.

@Omid-RG
    "Take Nidhoggr for example. He has the mod which allows him to reduce the cooldown of powerslide for each enemy hit by 1 second."

makuto actually has the same mod only it only does a 0.25 reduction on cooldown but makuto can use his hold down attack wich does less damage but hits super fast making you gain all abilities back super duper fast

• MODS simply change how your game plays. You may not understand that they are percentages on very strong abilities. See with some MODS I made my Kulev increase his healing in games from 10 to 11 thousand to 13 to 15 thousand easily. My Miko is very difficult to die on X1 due to MODS.

• @Andre-LMay-BR
    Increasing your heal does not count as a change in gameplay. It's an improvement to the game play. Change is when you use your ability in completely different ways than others.

• @Omid-RG

he used to use it to heal them shittily, now he uses it to heal them greatly. id say thats a good change in gameplay/ pace. lol it certainly would feel so, him and his team can be more aggressive since he heals more. he himself can take on more 1v1s and will win more fights with the added heals.

and yea like they say about what they did on miko, i have made alot of cell gamemode modded characters, which basically changes the playstyle to being more evasive, and survivable. mods doo change playstyles. if you use them right and are aware of what they do.

like i said. mods change playstyles, they just dont change abilities.

although there are mods that change the abilities and the way you use them, such as mikos multi freese and multi heal buff thingo.

• @Omid-RG The day you feel safe with 10 life in relation to the distance of a Nidhoggr and he uses two skills and erases you from the map you will discover the difference.

• @Andre-LMay-BR
    You're missing the point here. I'm not saying that they are not effective. A mod that gives you more hp, will save you indeed. But there is nothing interesting about flat number buffs that has nothing to do with skills. Imagine instead of giving free flat hp, it would give you some temporary shield after using some ability. That way, you feel satisfied after using that ability to escape, because you feel that you're getting skilled.
    Where things get even more stupid, is when a mod is mandatory ! Kulev's healing is really low. Ya have to pick the card for increased healing, or you'll be blamed for throwing. It stands against the purpose of "Mods" which is giving optional choices to keep the game fresh, not forcing the player to pick them.

• @Omid-RG

yea nidhoggr has the mod that allows his power slide to go 40% further making it something you might use to evade rather than attack. he also has a mod that reduces its cooldown by 1 second for every person he hits with it, making it so you might focus more on that ability trying to line up as many people as possible.

would this not be skill?

same as mikos multi freeze, and her multi heal. timing and lining lol.

mods allow you to use skills in different ways due to the variety of playstyles they create.

• @D4m0R3d

"yea nidhoggr has the mod that allows his power slide to go 40% further making it something you might use to evade rather than attack. he also has a mod that reduces its cooldown by 1 second for every person he hits with it, making it so you might focus more on that ability trying to line up as many people as possible.would this not be skill? same as mikos multi freeze, and her multi heal. timing and lining lol. mods allow you to use skills in different ways due to the variety of playstyles they create."

-i use nids power slide mods and hardly notice any difference, ive used vastly different mod setups and my gameplay dosent change. now i mainly stick towards the even more boring ultimate mods, with the extra ult time/dmg.

(this is from ur earlier reply)
    daemons and maeve have some mods that i specifically use for the cell game mode and only that mode. i think that demonstrates that it changes your playstyle right? for example maeve invis, il put mods on that to make it last longer, and me move faster, anything to make it so i can evade well while i have cells. with this mod loadout my playstyle is always about evading and escaping untill we are in a team fight wich im way weaker for battles and am relying on my teamates, but in the end i will be able to maybe pick of one or two people, grab there cells and get out till i can sell that shit. same with daemon.

-thing is, the mods still arent changing the way you play. the game mode is. I agree daemon has the most game changing mods out of everyone, but even then they dont alter game play too much. with mave,increasing maves invis by 2s is flat out boring, the 100%movespeed would feel nice. but the 100%move speed is thee most fun one in her kit.

(also from a different post)
    yea idk bro i think it would kinda annoy people, even if it helps. like say im fighting someone and all of a sudden he comes in and tackles me out of danger, well coool mate you saved me but i probs coulda left myself. i mean it might work in proper teams where people are all friends.

-ur not gonna like the new tank then. but still you are missing the point, the healing/team targeted barge, was made up in 0.00005s in my head, the aim for this mod was nothing except for you to try to alter the game play loop a bit. like i said, go make up ur own in your head. and you will see how this game is missing out

• @TandemMass6839

"i use nids power slide mods and hardly notice any difference, ive used vastly different mod setups and my gameplay dosent change. now i mainly stick towards the even more boring ultimate mods, with the extra ult time/dmg."

it sounds like you just arent taking advantage of your mods and are playing the same way either way. ofcoarse your gameplay isnt gonna change if you dont change it. the mods only allow it to be changed, you are the one doing things, you have to take those steps. like mikos multi freese, its not suddenly gonna multi freeze people if you play the same way, you need to look out for opportunities, change the way you use it. rather than using it straight away on the first person in a fight, save it for when they combine. you get me?

"thing is, the mods still arent changing the way you play. the game mode is."

well i dont have to change the way i play for that gamemode. i could still play aggressive and it might work out better. the only reason i play this way is because i seen those mods and i was like hmmmmmmmmm i should try that, and use these to play more evasive. rather than entering fights, focus on collecting cells and escaping.

originally i played the same way, with the same aggressive playstyle. it wasnt about collecting cells but beating the enemy unto the point that they give me there cells.

like i said the mods dont change the way i play but provide me a platform for change i guess. they support gameplay change.

"thing is, the mods still arent changing the way you play. the game mode is."

plus you could use this logic to refute anything you say about it. say mods did what you wanted with the makuto charge. well thing is thats not the mod changing the way you play, it is you.

"ur not gonna like the new tank then."

why? you talking about mekko? whad does mekko do that i wont like?

" alter the game play loop a bit. "

and like i have explained, the other mods can alter the gameplay loop, alot.

idk dude im confused. whats the dif between your makuto charge and a mod like nidhoggrs flame dash thing, or mikos multi freese? is it really that you want mods to become more interesting or that you want more mods, and if so what makes makutos charge mod idea more interesting than these types of mods.