SUGGESTION: LET US DO TRICKS ON OUR HOVERBOARDS!

• I played 15hrs during the beta and my top priority regarding feedback is to let us do tricks with the hoverboard and/or let us grind on the edges! Riding the hoverboard is my absolute favorite thing to do when not fighting. At least two tricks would be nice so as to not make it ridiculous; just something to mess around and have fun with while waiting in the holding area. A kickflip would be fun. We already have ollies. Obviously boards like the 'Manta' should not be able to do tricks or grind, but the others, why not!

• Nah, they need to put their resources somewhere else. Like adding more maps or characters, game modes, making a ranked mode at game release etc etc.

• Yeah I know but that's why this is a suggestion. Nobody says they can't work on these mechanics alongside something else.

• Interesting I would say no to this because this isn't a Tony hawk game.
    Maybe the can add a emote using the board later down the road

• I've always really liked this idea personally. I think it's something that is a very realistic addition in the future as it has been apart of surveys since very early Alpha days.

You spend a lot of time on your hoverboard and I think it would add some real dynamism into the travelling phases. I've seen a lot of people criticise the size of maps and the movement speed and I think this is an addition that would counteract that.

Perhaps it could go slightly further and if you were to land a certain trick you could earn a very small speed boost? Then again it doesn't have to be anything complex with a competitive advantage to it. It could solely be a show-off thing, or like I said earlier, something to spice up the travelling phases 🙂

I really love the hoverboard and think it's a real stand-out mechanic in the game and there's a lot of potential to expand upon it.

• @x-AmberPrice I don't remember the survey's during the alpha was it at the end of Alpha phase I was only active for awhile then Achievement hunting took over 😆

I'm hardly on my hover board in battle or escaping and it's very little to get to a health pick up or a buff expect during the phase of waiting for the game to begin so I really don't see it as a thing that needs to be added unless it was a emote with it. It's a great suggestion but a no for me but if they do add it that would be awesome.

If they added a speed boost to it then I would more likely use it then more then often as I usually do.

• @ll-Sen-ll said in SUGGESTION: LET US DO TRICKS ON OUR HOVERBOARDS!:

@x-AmberPrice I don't remember the survey's during the alpha was it at the end of Alpha phase I was only active for awhile then Achievement hunting took over 😆

There weren't many but I think they were mostly all near the beginning? Received them via email at the time.

Outside of respawning and travelling back into the fight I think we all still use the hoverboard fairly frequently even if we don't realise. E.g. travelling between points A, B and C in Capture Points, especially when they're all open at once. Same with Power Cells and travelling between the cells and drop zones. Running from fights, regrouping with your team, etc.

On one hand, it would be a nice bonus addition to have for flair and perhaps not a priority. On the other hand, I think it could be an unlikely solution to the fairly popular feedback of those who say they think the maps are too big or the overall game speed is too slow. It's not outright increasing movement speed but it's adding a dynamic element that would make those travelling phases more engaging and unique!

• Hoverboard tricks or emotes? Sure, why not? Lol...

• @x-AmberPrice said in SUGGESTION: LET US DO TRICKS ON OUR HOVERBOARDS!:

I've always really liked this idea personally. I think it's something that is a very realistic addition in the future as it has been apart of surveys since very early Alpha days.

You spend a lot of time on your hoverboard and I think it would add some real dynamism into the travelling phases. I've seen a lot of people criticise the size of maps and the movement speed and I think this is an addition that would counteract that.

Perhaps it could go slightly further and if you were to land a certain trick you could earn a very small speed boost? Then again it doesn't have to be anything complex with a competitive advantage to it. It could solely be a show-off thing, or like I said earlier, something to spice up the travelling phases 🙂

I really love the hoverboard and think it's a real stand-out mechanic in the game and there's a lot of potential to expand upon it.

Yep. I wholeheartedly agree. Something like this will fit well in the style of the game. A trick or two would not impact gameplay at all and like you said make the traveling phases really fun.

• This.