Why is healing so high?

• Why is 2 people focusing 1 target outhealed by someone healing them? The healing + the respawn duration mean you pretty much HAVE to target the support before even bothering with the rest of the fight.

• When I got this I assumed it was a fast pace brawler game, but the fights take so long its like every single character is some sort of mini boss fight. Healing after 2 seconds makes 10 seconds of damage irrelevent. we're all new to the game but its getting old really fast just because of how long respawning takes + how long fights last.

Its like half the game is trying to be fast paced (Nukes, Capture duration, Healing) then the other half is just slowing the game down a tonne (respawn, damage)

• I think the issue is in that most classes aside from Support have their own healing capability. Whats the point of Support when virtually everyone (Except Zero Cool oddly) has their own self-healing/life drain ability?

• Healing is broken right now, I just went in on a support hit them with a stun, fire breath and a full melee combo, yet in-between my attack combo they were being healed more then I could damage, so after all of my attacks/abilities, they lost literally no HP.

As I DPS class, I should be able to single out a support and delete them with little hassle but with healing how it is, this doesn't happen. Then add that miko? if that's her name, is a " support" yet her basic attack chain does more dps then a damage class, while healing her and others.

Just my opinion on things, I do like the game but if healing stays like this it will have a huge impact on the lifespan of this game.

• The thing you've got to remember is that it is hugely team-oriented. The reason why healing output is so strong in your cases is because you are fighting alone.

Focusing the healers first, as a collective, is pretty essential. If your opponents are switched on, they will try to protect their healer at all costs. So again, it's essential to, yes, use your own solo combos, but to peel at the right time and to combo them with the rest of your team. E.g. Maeve Cage, Nidhoggr Axe, Buttercup Hook into melee proximity. Rather than just one of those!

A lot of characters, like mentioned in above posts, have self healing abilities. So the same teamwork has to apply to them as it does to the initial healers!

Once you learn certain cooldowns, you can use this to your advantage as well. Miko was used as an example above. She is very self sustainable. So, again as a TEAM, plan your offense on her around her abilities. If she's just used her self heal, you've got a window to knock her out before she does it again. You know she can only heal by damage in melee proximity for the next few seconds. Don't let her get too much damage off.

• My impressions were that no support is able to consistently keep their entire team topped off. Either due to cooldowns, degraded healing over time, or single-target healing. I'd worry if they reduced healing numbers this soon. Could be wrong, of course, but this is one area where I'd let the game age some more before making a change.

• @Cold-Conduct said in Why is healing so high?:

My impressions were that no support is able to consistently keep their entire team topped off. Either due to cooldowns, degraded healing over time, or single-target healing. I'd worry if they reduced healing numbers this soon. Could be wrong, of course, but this is one area where I'd let the game age some more before making a change.

I agree with this. It's a scary proposition as someone who has tried each healer (Miko preferred) that my healing will go down in numbers because when 2 DPS dive you then you're pretty much fucked unless you're using Kulev, whose healing can be killed. I actually feel like at times my heals didn't do enough and since Miko's bubble blocks healing already there is a lot to think about.

I disagree with your points OP. I feel like while the support characters are strong only Miko is really the stand-out due to her combos, damage, and peeling ability.

• @x-AmberPrice said in Why is healing so high?:

The thing you've got to remember is that it is hugely team-oriented. The reason why healing output is so strong in your cases is because you are fighting alone.

Focusing the healers first, as a collective, is pretty essential. If your opponents are switched on, they will try to protect their healer at all costs. So again, it's essential to, yes, use your own solo combos, but to peel at the right time and to combo them with the rest of your team. E.g. Maeve Cage, Nidhoggr Axe, Buttercup Hook into melee proximity. Rather than just one of those!

A lot of characters, like mentioned in above posts, have self healing abilities. So the same teamwork has to apply to them as it does to the initial healers!

Once you learn certain cooldowns, you can use this to your advantage as well. Miko was used as an example above. She is very self sustainable. So, again as a TEAM, plan your offense on her around her abilities. If she's just used her self heal, you've got a window to knock her out before she does it again. You know she can only heal by damage in melee proximity for the next few seconds. Don't let her get too much damage off.

Agreed