Power Cells Strategies Abused

• @x-AmberPrice I see your points but I just can't see either of them as broken. They are legit strategies in my opinion and totally counterable. In Daemon's case, he can be a total liability if he gets caught out. It's a high risk high reward strategy. In relation to his mod, his stealth lasts long enough without it so I really don't see it as that big of an advantage. Especially when you consider he comes out of it if he intends to be any help in a team fight. If an enemy Daemon happens to be running it, that means they gave up one of their 3 mod slots specifically so they can basically do the same thing but they don't have to worry about a duration. Really you can counter this, not by focusing Daemon, but by simply paying attention to the objectives and then react if someone catches out the Daemon. Not necessarily kill him, but keep him from from scoring. You stall him long enough, chances are he'll get caught out, lose like 15+ cells for his team and basically throws the game.

As for Makutu's Can't Touch Us, it does require timing and coordination to make the most of it. If someone pulls it off then fair play to them for making very good use of their SUPER, you know, the big cooldown ability that's supposed to enable big plays. If their team manages to pull that off, then they have outplayed you and earned the win. Just because something works doesn't mean it's breaking the game. In this case, best thing to do is probably keep their team split so that the pinatas don't get the chance to succeed a full delivery while invulnerable. Tough but doable. Especially if the Makutu involved isn't running the mod to increase duration.

I feel that these mostly seem overpowered because they are the first to offer strong strategies for securing objectives. And who knows, they may not even be of any use in potential gamemodes NT might release. Or maybe new fighters will have kits that make it easier to counter these strategies.

Ultimately, you're sounding like a sore loser when you're basically taking issue with evasive Daemon is evasive and the support tank is doing support tank things. I know they are both very strong tactics and can be very hard to deal with but again, counterable and thus, not game-breaking.

I wanna finish off my remarks with this...I understand if you disagree with me, that's ok and I really hope it doesn't effect your opinion of me as a player negatively. I really respect you as a player. Whenever I see you on the enemy team, I know I'm in for a good challenge and I always enjoy our matches, even when you and your team slap me and my team into oblivion.

EDIT
    I only just noticed how old this post is. To be clear, I was strictly responding to the original post. Catching up now to be sure I didn't make myself sound like an idiot.

• @MisfitBanjax

Daemon:

I disagree and don't think there is a counter at all. Again, it's more of a spontaneous thing rather than Daemon passively breaking cell canisters all game. Unless you get steamrolled, you're likely to team wipe the enemy at least once in a match, or at least get a considerable amount of picks, so Daemon can just scoop up all those dropped cells and wait until 2 points are open in the safety of his infinite invisibility. It's irrelevant that the team are now essentially down to a 3v4 because it's Daemon that's holding all the cells, the fights don't really matter unless they each die 8+ times. If you dedicate someone to standing at/near either hand in point, it's incredibly easy to get distracted, or forcibly become distracted by your teammates. There is no fun at all in spending the whole game trying to goose chase and look for an invisible Daemon, it becomes a completely different game and not for the better. The distance between the hand in points are pretty lengthy as well. When a Daemon can just pop up right on top of a hand in point and trigger a 5 second countdown for you to do anything before you lose the game, it can be difficult to stop him in time, especially if you are melee focused. With any other character, you can track through walls and see them on the minimap that they are heading to a point which gives you a lot more time to react.

The reason why the mod itself is an issue is because it is literally infinite, you can be as patient as possible without revealing yourself. Without the mod, the invisibility doesn't even last the duration of either phase, and the cooldown is pretty long. You have plenty of time to focus the enemy Daemon - aka there is actually a counter.

Makutu:

There is absolutely 0 timing and coordination involved with this strategy. You walk up to the delivery zone, press your Super button and win the game. If the cells are spread out amongst your team a little more, then you can either run back into spawn and give your cells to Makutu to make things easier, or it's not difficult to just stand next to Makutu before he's about to hand in so you can benefit from his Super too. Supers should definitely feel significant, I agree. And his Can't Touch Us Super can be very significant, for example, body blocking a Toil and Trouble. But being able to stand on the delivery zone in the middle of a teamfight and the enemy team can do absolutely nothing to stop him from handing in is ridiculous and goes against the core of the game. You shouldn't be able to do that at all.

Nothing needs to change about his Super. Only prevent him (and others) from handing in cells whilst in his Super. Maeve can't hand in cells while Vanished, it's essentially the same thing.

There is also no stopping you from going into spawn once you have a decent amount of cells and switching to either Daemon or Makutu, making the strategy even more difficult to counter than it already is. Makutu's Can't Touch Us takes around 2.5 minutes to charge, so if you prepare in advance and switch during the collection phase, you can have your Super during the next delivery phase.

I am not trying to be undermining but how many times have you encountered either strategy? I think there becomes a point where you have either won with it or lost against it so many times that it becomes an absolute chore. I have criticised Daemon's infinite stealth in Power Cells since early Alpha and I still feel the same way. Makutu's Can't Touch Us strategy only became a thing in the Beta and that one is far worse imo.

It has absolutely nothing to do with being a sore loser when I have benefited from both strategies many many times myself. The original post is old but I have created similar posts that are even older. I take issue because it negatively affects the overall gameplay experience in my opinion. There are so many great strategies you can pull off, but these 2 take very little effort, are extremely cheesy and can feel very unfair at times.

• @x-AmberPrice Ok, very good argument. I concede. To be honest I haven't encountered it much and I totally forgot about the whole dropping cells at spawn thing.

I guess I had a bias in this discussion because I love cheese, but to be fair that's only really enjoyable when it's a rare occurrence due to difficulty pulling off so I really should have kept that in mind.

That said in the case of Makutu, I feel he's underappreciated and was hyped to see a very strong use for him.

However, at the end of the day, you've been playing since Alpha and I have to respect that.

I just hope that however the devs approach a fix for this, it doesn't take away from those characters being super evasive and support tanky respectively.