@Surrtan said in Developer Update (opposite of community update):
In an attempt to close the rift between the dev team and community, I'll be trying to provide the equivalent of a "community update" but for the devs. This thread will try to summarize the state of the game and the game's community, so the devs can then analyse, interpret, and do their dev magic to move forward with the game.
1ST OFF: BUGS AND TECHNICAL PROBLEMS THAT NEED FIXING
- Death glitch/Fake death/Divine intervention: It still happens very often that a target gets killed, the kill sound gets triggered, but then they just keep running like nothing has happened.
- Invisible & ghost cell cannisters: Cell cannisters will either become invisible, and one will have to guess where they are and attempt to hit them, or they appear on the map as well as on the field as cell cannisters, but actually they're not real, and all your attacks will pass through them.
- Chrysalis troll: Azrael can take an ally with them into his chrysalis, but cancel the ability quickly before the crystal has formed. This causes the ally to lose control of their character (while still being attached to azrael), and Azrael can proceed to troll/sabotage by running with them into environmental hazards/enemy team/etc.
2ND THINGS 2ND: SYSTEMATIC FLAWS UPSETTING THE COMMUNITY
- Leaderboards: All the matches are now ranked matches, whether we have 3 new players against 4 experienced players, or we have trolls/leavers or just don't wish to play a competitive ranked game. All games will have consequences on your global rank. Also, we need clarification on how the leaderboards determines the ranks exactly, as we have no clue.
- Ranked mode/Quickplay mode: A ranked mode is a super essential feature in any and every competitive multiplayer game in this day and age, and we desperately want a ranked mode with elos and stuff, as well as a quickplay mode that does not affect our global ranking.
- Punishment system not helping: Same players are trolling and sabotaging games for months. We've sent hundreds of reports but we always see the same players trolling in the same way.
- Matchmaker: Experienced players are very tired of playing with/against brand new players who drag the overall quality of the match down. We need a solution.
LAST BUT NOT LEAST: COMMUNITY SENTIMENT
The community is extremely upset and unhappy about the silent treatment its been receiving for the past 3 and half months. Our feedback and suggestions remain to be ignored (or never confirmed to have been read) and we generally feel disrespected.
Not every form of communication with us has to be an update; we just want simple replies sometimes.
I left out everything involving the need for content updates and/or balancing changes. Rather I'm focusing on the root/fundamental problems that need to be lifted before we can move forward and enjoy the luxury of content updates.
I fully agree, a nice unsupported game is a great shame.