Personal Thoughts on the 2nd beta

• Game has a lot of icings, but needs a bit more work on basic cake to make this game feel complete and addictive.

Pros:

Shortened Power Cell modes are definitely an improvement. (The health bars for power cells look really low quality though)

BGM during matches work, and I'm glad the devs listened to the first beta suggestion. It adds a lot more of vibe to the game, even if they are just tossed in rather than actually composed for.

Rooms for improvements:

While I enjoyed the game, there is still a lack of "intense thrill" that usually gets people hooked into games like this. For example, sound effects like getting a kill is supposed to give you a boost of adrenaline, but the one we have now feels really weak.

To add to that, we could really use a Team Death Match mode(with a loose objective to still make the game feel consistent with the other modes). Objective gaming is not the major appeal of this game, chaotic brawl action is. Objective just makes the game feel slower in general. The maps also feel too big. This game would benefit a lot from claustrophobic teamfight. I find myself running around these giant maps for heals/objectives more than getting ready to fight, and that's not good.

Lagging was a major issue this beta. Unsure if it's just my internet acting up, but people were teleporting, and it was really hard to have a smooth gameplay, which can really hurt a new player's experience.

Additional Suggestions:

I am really missing a night-themed map. For a game that has a lot of retro and cyberpunk vibe, I can't believe all our maps are in broad daylight. Just imagine playing on a map where the city is lit up, maybe next to a old racing track, black market, or underground fighting arena. There is potential for some really sick maps, and as long as the brightness isn't an issue, I think most of the in-game maps should be night-themed.

I'm gonna hold back any thoughts on balance. I think people are way too quick to jump to conclusions on balance without thoroughly playing the game, and often cause a loop of nerf this->buff that routine.

• @BusierKitten845

"While I enjoyed the game, there is still a lack of "intense thrill" that usually gets people hooked into games like this. For example, sound effects like getting a kill is supposed to give you a boost of adrenaline, but the one we have now feels really weak."

in games like this it would usually come from insane killstreaks or fighting horrible ods. as in 1v4 and winning. also winning a fight when you have 1 hp and the enemy is full hp is that kinda moment. but idk getting an adrenalin rush in this game is hard, and i think that is because it is only 4v4. you kill one person and you know theres only 3 more to go. in a game like overwatch you have a whole damn team of 6 people to get though. if all of them are chasing you down and you manage to kill 4 alone thats pretty exciting. making those kind of skillfull plays are much harder in this game because of the movement/ mele fighting. imo anyways. its way harder to make amazing plays in this game. although it is pretty exciting when you get environmental kills.

"I am really missing a night-themed map."

instead of one night themed map why not day and night cycles. it would be really cool to play all these maps at diferent times of the day. would make the world feel more dynamic, and would also make it feel like there is more variety.

• @BusierKitten845 For me this game is 100 times more addictive than overwatch for example, it only depends on people's feelings.

When you are always a compulsive hoverboard usern, the maps don't feel that big. The game being melee, and you being able to melee many players at the same time will make the game less enjoyable, plus the maps are opened so ranged fighters don't feel that oppressive, it's not a game where you have to have chokepoints like overwatch.

I would like a heavier sound when someone gets killed since the healthpools are enormous, it would give you a feeling of fullfilment.

You were not the only one to lag, a lot of people experienced it, it's a beta so it's kinda pretty normal.