Gizmo needs to be tweaked, words from a main

• Some food for thought here.

Would increasing Gizmo's turret health, increasing their damage or adding a secondary attack to them with an internal cooldown, or adding some sort of passive buffs while Gizmo is in the vicinity of her turrets be good ideas? Some examples:

Every time an enemy gets within 'x' units of a turret, it also damages them with fire/shock/nails/whatever that slows or silences. Suppose a 5-second cooldown between its base attacks?

If Gizmo is standing near a turret, increase her movement speed or rate-of-fire.

If Gizmo is standing near her turret, she gains passive health regeneration or 'repairs' and buffs the turret. Either by regenerating its health, buffing its damage, etc.

If a turret is destroyed by an enemy then Gizmo's cooldown for her abilities are reset.

How do y'all feel about some changes along those lines?

• @Cold-Conduct These are very interesting ideas, and definitely a nice way of buffing her potential, personally i never considered the turrets because they seem kinda useless, i actually only used them when i needed to draw enemy attention out of me, since they are just a plus to Gizmo dps, but the problem is their range, it is almost melee, and making a build dedicated to the turrets is kind of a waste for me, but if they had more use, as you say, of course would help

• I played Gizmo a fair bit early on and I have to agree, she is definitely an incredibly niche pick in the grand scheme of things. The fact that her Turrets are so weak at a baseline level and that she will never be actually IN the fight make her not only super easy to focus down, but Miko nearly single-handedly stuffs all of her strongest aspects.

There definitely needs to be a tweak, as I feel you on this one OP.

• I would have to agree as well her damage is so slow even with turrets on the ground lol. So many times I demolished Gizmo with other characters while she's running away shooting at me trying to kill me. They do need to buff her a little bit

• It would be cool for Gizmo players if her Mini-Gun just melted enemies as we all expected it would.
    If this was a Solo Deathmatch game then she definitely is at a disadvantage but it's not.
    Her damage increases as her minigun reaches full speed. That's where if you're playing as a Team Gizmo can really melt the opposition.
    She also has a "Get out of jail free" card with the Jumper Bumper. Like smart Cass players, smart Gizmo players won't stick around to get smacked.
    Like everyone else, Gizmo suffers the most when the Team playes poorly.

• @Azrael008uk even when your minigun is maxed and you have turrets on, your DPS is way lower than the rest of the damage fighters, even lower than some supports, you just can't compare Gizmo damage to Daemon damage, or Nid damage, and Gizmo has an additional disadvantage, when you attack people, they can still move, use abilities and attack, while a melee fighter keeps you form all of that by simply attacking you, and they still have higher DPS than Gizmo, that is the problem

• I think I would have to agree with Amberprice on this one. I personally think it is a little bit too early to judge since there was not enough time to fully test gizmo with all her mods. I mainly play Gizmo and I would say I don't have issues 1v1 most of the players with her but that is also because I probably played this game for years now so take it with a grain of salt.

• @IXTheCandyManXI said in Gizmo needs to be tweaked, words from a main:

@Azrael008uk even when your minigun is maxed and you have turrets on, your DPS is way lower than the rest of the damage fighters, even lower than some supports, you just can't compare Gizmo damage to Daemon damage, or Nid damage, and Gizmo has an additional disadvantage, when you attack people, they can still move, use abilities and attack, while a melee fighter keeps you form all of that by simply attacking you, and they still have higher DPS than Gizmo, that is the problem

She's like Soldier '76 with "Perma-Ult". Her damage is going to be a fine balance. Give her too much and she'll be a balance breaker.

Even in her current state I've watched her melt other players and even me with enough chaos going off all around.

The Devs have the stats and gameplay data from the Beta to work with though and they seem like they're aiming high when it comes to their standards for a Competitive Multiplayer Title.

I think whoever your "main" is we think they should do more damage.

Personally I'm not sure but I trust the Devs to do the right things with the info they've pulled.

Can't wait for March.

• Gizmo is strong, but only if played right. I think her turrets need a health buff and her range needs slightly buffed as well. The reason I bring up her range is because Gizmo should almost never be caught out on the ground which is why she has her jump pad, she is super dangerous on high ground and can become super oppressive. So the only buff she needs is range and her turrets imo.

• I play Gizmo, level 11-12 (I don’t remember exactly), and I have the most victories on her. So I do not agree. She is good.1 vs 1 she kills ALL

• I think she’s fine. Weak to melee focus like she should be and great sustained damage. She’s not burst dps. If your constantly shooting in team fights you’ll have top damage done. Mech ult is a team fight winner with its AoE % damage.

Honestly most games like this make “Ranger” chars way too strong and oppressive because they want to hook the cod ppl. This is one of the first games where the machine gun hero is in a fair and good spot

• @Azrael008uk to be honest, Soldier is not even close to be a strong character, i have almost 100 hours of soldier and it is just matter of time to realize that you need to be an absolute aim beast to make him as good as the other rangers in overwatch, while they take half or less the skill needed to be useful, i'm not saying Gizmo is a bad fighter, just that soldier is not a good example

• @Raindrop8246 That's right, there is no point on playing high ground if your range will force you to drop because the anemy are out of range, this happens in most part of the maps

• @Niksan3127 Same, but you gotta remember that this is a beta, and people haven't figured out how to play most part of the characters, i say this because when the crazy Daemons and the op Maeves or the pro Cass start to show up, Gizmo will fall, because of her potential