Idea for addressing the multiple healer issue: diminishing returns

• It is very common for teams to run two healers because it is so strong and there is nothing you can do to lower their healing output. The survivability of this specific comp is much too high and extremely annoying to play against

This needs to be fixed now. There are many ways to address this problem i think the best way is the following: create diminishing returns for picking more healers

This means that if a team picks two healers, each one will only heal for a % of their normal amount, let’s say 50% for example. If they pick three healers that number further decreases to 33.3%. In this system, the total healing output will still add up to be 100% rather than the current 200 or 300% which is insane

They don’t have to use the exact % i stated that can be balanced but the idea must be implemented in order to de-incentivize picking multiple healers. Currently there’s no tradeoff no punishment for doing so it’s a flat bonus that greatly increases your chances of winning.

By implementing my idea this will no longer be the case there will be a price to pay and you can still do it but will be much easier to counter and deal with

• It is very common for teams to run two healers because it is so strong and there is nothing you can do to lower their healing output.

Divide & Conquer works for me most of the time, but that most of the time is likely attributed to the successful team being well coordinated or the other team not being well coordinated. This is consistent with the entire game's pros and contras though.

The survivability of this specific comp is much too high and extremely annoying to play against

I agree. I've taken off my rose-tinted glasses and seen that Zero Cool was pretty damn powerful before the reduction in his healing without pause. Things like that to prevent spam healing would be nice, although with other healers' cooldowns you can't necessarily spam.

This needs to be fixed now. There are many ways to address this problem i think the best way is the following: create diminishing returns for picking more healers

I don't like where this is going. I did a video some time ago talking about people queueing as "fake roles" in MMOs, specifically WoW and ESO, and mentioned the idea of a buff/debuff negating any (or at least a large amount of) skill or loadout required to win a game.

This means that if a team picks two healers, each one will only heal for a % of their normal amount, let’s say 50% for example. If they pick three healers that number further decreases to 33.3%. In this system, the total healing output will still add up to be 100% rather than the current 200 or 300% which is insane

I'm totally against this on principle, so the numbers don't matter to me. I'm all for adjusting cooldowns, healing rates over time, tweaking radius of AoE and total healing, but not flat percentage increase/decreases depending on how many healers there are. While I agree there's a problem, to single out one class and ignore the others (and then having to balance their diminishing returns so to keep things even) doesn't really fix this.

I'd be willing to see this during a trial period but no further than that. I wouldn't want to play knowing there's a debuff the game puts in place against teams of all skill levels and coordination.

They don’t have to use the exact % i stated that can be balanced but the idea must be implemented in order to de-incentivize picking multiple healers. Currently there’s no tradeoff no punishment for doing so it’s a flat bonus that greatly increases your chances of winning.

The tradeoff is less health and damage, something Kulev players realise when I make a point about running them off and destroying their healing wells, or when I'll just chase Miko away from friend and foe, or Zero Cool when I rope him in. I get that the group is powerful when it has two healers, it needs to be looked at, but it's not a magical win button. If the problem is coordinated players running with two healers then the matchmaking needs to be looked at in addition to this.

By implementing my idea this will no longer be the case there will be a price to pay and you can still do it but will be much easier to counter and deal with

You're absolutely right. Your idea is effective, I can't argue that, but it's such a boring and easy way to go about things and not looking at the many roots of the problem that by fixing them the rest of the game would benefit. I find the problem is not the healer archetype (which I've always said needs more variety before we can truly talk balance), but Zero Cool in combination with other healers. Otherwise, I've no problem with taking them out or at worst temporarily seperating them from the pack.

I've seen these band aid fixes too many times in too many games to know this doesn't work in the long run, especially if more characters and possible roles are to be added. To compromise, I'd say this could be agreeable until a more permanent solution comes along, but said solution must take immediate priority if this is going to be implemented.

• @Johnbonne
    You can't divide and conquer when the enemy team is stucked like glue and when you attack their zero cool they all jump to help him out, especially the mikko and the buttercup, they protect him so well, the only way to counter this is to play you own double healer and hope someone of the enemy team makes a mistake..